Chapter 1

I tried running as fast as I possibly could but my dislocated ankle (amongst others injuries) made my struggles even more difficult. I concentrated on the ground, trying to avoid stumbling over roots as I kept going further into the woods.

Suddenly, a fierce howl ripped through the stillness of the night.

"Fuck!"

'They noticed earlier than I expected, at this rate they will catch me before I've even had a taste of freedom.'

I sighed in defeat as I tripped over a root for the fourth time. Staring up at the star filled sky my mind drifted...

'What was the point of all this , they're just gonna catch me. I mean I will never be able to out run them. I haven't ever shifted for Gods sake, what made me think I could do this?' I thought solemnly.

I could hear them closing in. Their paws pounding the forest floor in a rhythmic tune. Bringing back traumatising memories I wish to forget.

"NO!" I shouted slamming my clenched fists into the dirt heaving myself onto my feet.

'I will not give up just because of this, they've kept me there for my whole life. I will not spend another minute in that hell they call a pack.'

Once steadying my feet I started running, picking up speed along the way. It took 5 minutes for them to catch up to me.

But as they were about to catch me they suddenly stopped chasing me and backed away, retreating to the pack house.

Something was wrong. Why did they just turn back? Something in my gut told me to go back and run for my life. But, like the idiot I am I kept going for at least 20 minutes to make sure they didn't just double back to ambush me.

I looked around in awe. I had stopped at a waterfall surrounded by greenery. The view was breathtaking. It was the most colourful and vibrant thing I had seen in my entire life.

But seeing as I've been locked up for 16 years I guess its to be expected.

I slowly approached the water taking in more of my surroundings. Once I reached the water I crouched down beside it. Scooping some water in my hands I gulped it down.

'Wow, I guess I was very thirsty'  I thought to myself looking into my reflection in the calm water 'God! I look  dirty I need to wash'

I was covered in so much dirt and grim I couldn't even tell what I look like.

After a second I decided I should quickly take a dip in the waterfall to clean myself off. First I slipped off my hoodie folding it beside the water on the grass. I unbuttoned my shirt folding it placing it on my hoodie.

I looked down at my bare torso at all the scars recent and old and fading bruises from my latest beating.

Sighing, my hands slipped down to my skinny jeans undoing the button. Proceeding to the zipper when out of nowhere a pair of muscular arms wrapped around my waist, causing me to jump in surprise just to be held in place by said arms.

A voice behind me whispered into my ear.

" I wouldn't do that if I were you..."