Chapter 4

My eyes felt as if they had been sewn together by iron not wanting to see what was on the other side of the barrier, protecting me from the horrors of the outside world. Though grateful for the help I knew I had to face what happens sooner or later.

As I strengthened my resolve to face my life problems my eyelids got lighter as if resigning to my wish. Eventually my eyes fluttered open consuming the bright colours that lay beyond. Though beautiful it scorched my eyes as if telling me -take it easy- as a result I instantly regretted my impatience I slammed my eyes closed once again but this time my eyelids fully obeyed my command.

This time I opened my eyes slowly allowing them time to adjust to the light. 'Is this heaven? There are soooo many different colours here! I've never seen anything like it!!' I thought in amazement. I had never set my eyes on something as luxurious as these colours. There was a mixture of blue and red perfectly complementing each other with hints of yellow where there were flowers blooming in plant pots and silver furniture.

All in all the room was magnificent but felt lonely but not the same lonely as the dungeon it was the kind of lonely where you understand that the room was meant to be full of people it was as if the place was made for it but there was a feeling of welcoming thrown into the mix.

Finally it dawned against on me...

I'm in an un familiar place. I was probably being held hostage. I was free but am I really?

Or did I just save myself from the flame and got thrown into the fire?

A knock came at the door as I was in deep thought but was eventually snapped out of my trance as the door started to creek open.

One thing ran through his mind at this moment.

Was this the man that had sneaked up behind him that day or was it something worse? Or in worse case scenario was it both? Was that man the worst thing he could have encountered??