A Dare

"Dude, this is gonna be sweet"

"Dave, do I have to?"

"Yup. If you don't, I'm gonna go tell bro and English you chickened."

John sighed and walked up the driveway of the Lalonde's home. The boys were having a hang out and they dared John to go crash the girls sleepover. Dave was hiding behind a parked car, making sure John didn't bail.

John arrived at the door and rang the doorbell. After a couple seconds, Rose answered the door, "Hello John. May I ask why you are here?"

"Dave and the others dared me to crash your sleepover so here I am," John said, giving a fake smile.

"Well," Rose said, "would you like to come in?"

John looked back at Dave who gave him a thumbs up. John nodded and followed Rose inside. They walked over to the living room where Jane, Jade, and Roxy where relaxing.

The girls saw Rose walk in followed by John. "Oh," Jade said, smiling, "it was just John then?"

"Yeah, he's doing some stupid dare and I decided to humor him. Care to sit John?"

John, who was focused on Roxy, was awoken by the question, "what Rose? Sorry I was kinda spacing," he said, still looking at Roxy.

The girls giggled and Rose repeated her question. "Uh sure yeah," John said.

John sat on the couch in the living room. John looked around at his surroundings. There was sleeping bags strewn across the floor and the tv was playing a romcom that the girls where probably watching. He looked at each of the girls. They where all wearing pajama pants in their favorite colors and plain white tanks. He looked over at Roxy again and saw she was looking at him. Roxy have him a wink which caused John to look away, face slightly red.

"Hey John," Jane said, "why's your face all red?"

"Oh it's nothing," John said, looking at Roxy who was now giggling at him.

Roxy got up and sat next to John, slightly leaning towards him. John blushed a bit more and looked away. "Hi John," Roxy said, scooting a bit closer to him, "happy to see me?"

"Well," Jane said, winking at Roxy "I'm gonna go and whip up some food. Jade, care to help me?"

Jade nodded and followed Jane into the kitchen. "I hate to leave you two alone," Rose said, smirking, "but I gotta go check on Jaspers. Be back in a bit."

Rose went up the stairs and the sound of a door opening and closing soon followed. John looked over at Roxy, who was watching John with curiousity. "Hi Roxy. How's things?"

"Oh things have been well. Thanks for the other night," she said, resting her head on his shoulder.

John blushed when her head went to his shoulder, "no problem. It's what friends do."

Roxy giggled a bit, "John, wanna share secrets?"

John was unsure of what to say. He decided to see where it was going, "what kind of secrets?"

"You'll see if we share," Roxy replied.

Still uncertain, John decided he'll humor her, "fine."

A smile appeared on Roxy's face, "yay," she squealed, lifting her head off John's shoulder and facing him excitedly.

John turned to face her, "so, how's this gonna go?"

"Well," Roxy replied, "you tell me a secret and I'll tell you one. I'll say mine first. There's this boy who wears glasses that I am like, so crushing on right now."

John nodded, figuring she was talking about Jake. "Well I guess it's my turn. I think my dad thinks I'm gay."

Roxy bursted out laughing. "Are you?"

"No. I swear. I'm not a homosexual."

Roxy patted John's head, "if you say so."

The two sat on silence for a bit until Roxy broke the ice, "hey John, who was your first kiss?"

John got a little embarrassed, "I've never actually had one."

"Oh really? No one?"

"Yeah. I'm such a loser aren-"

John was cut off by Roxy pressing her lips against his. John shut his eyes, enjoying the moment while it lasted. After a few seconds, Roxy pulled away, leaving John breathless. Roxy have him a smile, patted his cheek, and got up to go check on Rose. John was glad he did that dare after all.