Chapter 2: Confessions

Once the birds started chirping and the sun was in the sky, Alex came down for breakfast.

"Good morning!" Alex chirped. He sat down at the table. Usually, Denis would make breakfast because he... well, Alex couldn't. So, that's what he expected. Not that it was rude, just following how they used to do things. But when Denis finished and brought the pancakes to the table, he shifted uncomfortably. Alex noticed.

"Thank you for the wonderful pancakes," Alex remarked, grabbing a few for his plate. He shifted uncomfortably. There was an unsuspected tension in the air. Alex gulped.

Alex wondered why Denis was acting so weird. Denis's palms got sweaty, and his discomfort make the conversation awkward.

"You're very welcome." Denis looked for things to say. "How did you sleep last night?" he then realized what he said wasn't the best idea.

"Good. You?" Alex knew Denis regretted his decision, and he didn't want to make it worse.

"Not so good," he just picked at his food. Alex hoped this was why he wasn't acting like himself and nothing worse.

"Why is that?" Alex noticed Denis was hesitating.

"Because..."

"Because?" Alex wanted an answer, he was getting too nervous about what he was going to say, and he had a feeling about what would come out of Denis' mouth next. If he was right, he'd be at a bigger loss for words. Though he had no idea it'd come out the way it did.

"I was too busy thinking..." he kept looking at his food. He hoped the time was right.

"About?" Alex was really curious now.

He looked right at him. "You."

Authors note:

Sorry the chapter is kinda short, I had, like, 4 hours.

Seems like a lot, but it isn't. TrUsT mE.

<3|=^._.^=|<3