Chapter 3: The Way Love Works

Now Alex felt the tension and awkwardness more than ever.

"Sorry, but I gotta go." he got up and went right upstairs, no hesitation.

"No-" it was too late, he was OUTTA there. Denis felt a huge lump in his throat. "What did I do wrong?" he let his head drop on the table as his voice cracked and cheeks were wet with tears.

Alex didn't feel the greatest, either. About his decision, and how he'd handled it. He loved his friend, and since he was gay... it wouldn't be too bad, would it?

Time skip: a few hours of thoughtful consideration

Alex decided what to do. He didn't want him to be sad. The pressure made it feel worse, but the thought of knowing it might help make him feel better. So much was going through his mind.

"I need to do this," he mumbled to himself. "I need to fix things. I need to make it better."

So he steadily tip-toed downstairs. "Denis? You... here?"

He heard what sounded like... crying? He followed where he thought the sound was coming from. The bathroom.

"Denis? Are you in there?" he rattled the door handle, it was locked.

After a few minutes of thinking, he ran to the kitchen. He pulled open the drawer to the silverware. He pulled out a butter knife.

Though running with a knife wasn't the greatest of ideas, he did it anyways. He put it in the lock and turned the lock, unlocking it. Throwing the knife on the nearest piece of furniture, he opened the door.

"I am so, so sorry," without knowing what to say or do, he bent down to hug a crying Denis. Alex tried his best to cheer him up. He kept on crying. At least he didn't reject his affection.