𝐒𝐢𝐱

Blaise and Ron sat in the seats across from Headmistress McGonagall's desk, Ron sitting low in his chair, his arm across his chest as Blaise sits straight, his elbow on the arm rest as he rest his head on his fist.

"Please explain, Madam Pince." McGonagall states, as she looks at the Librarian that stood behind the two chairs.

"Mister Weasley and Mister Zabini here started fighting in the library and when I told them to knock it off, they ignored me and continued their roughhousing." Madam Pince speaks, as she glares down at the two boys.

Headmistress McGonagall nods her head, as she looks at the two boys, a disappointed look on her face. "You may resume your position, Madam Pince."

The librarian nods her head, and with sending one last glare to the boys, she leaves the Headmistress' office.

Ron opens his mouth, ready to defend himself and his actions before McGonagall cuts him off, asking Blaise, "Let's hear your side of the story first, Mister Zabini."

Ron's mouth hangs open, as he stares at the headmistress, who ignores his expression so he looks to the boy who swung at him and sees a smirk on his face, making his own heat up.

"Pansy and I were sitting in the library, I was comforting her when Granger and Weasley came over, asking us if we've seen Potter." Blaise starts off, as he leans forward in his seat. "After telling Granger that we haven't, Weasley was giving us dirty looks." McGonagall looks over at Ron to see his expression and sees that he was just staring at Blaise. "After asking him what was wrong, he started insulting Pansy and I, so I do admit after he finished, I hit him in retaliation."

The headmistress nods her head, taking in the information.

"What exactly did Mister Weasley say to provoke you?"

Ron was about to butt in, when Blaise answered, "He called my friends and I vile, and stated that we deserve to be in Azkaban for our actions in the Battle of Hogwarts."

"Is this true, Mister Weasley?" McGonagall questions the ginger, who reluctantly nods his head.

"Yes, Headmistress, but-"

"No buts, Mister Weasley." McGonagall snaps at the ginger, as he snaps his own mouth shut. "You both will be attending detention for a month, Mister Weasley for harassing Mister Zabini and Mister Zabini for hitting Mister Weasley first. You will both be serving detention after school as well as every weekend until the month is over. Am I understood?"

"Yes, Headmistress." The two boys sigh, before they stand up and leave the office after she had dismissed them.

• • •

After they leave the office, they went their separate ways, refusing to walk down the same hall as each other.

Ron meets up with his friends, who were waiting for him in the Great Hall, sitting down beside each other.

"What happened?" Harry asks, looking at his friend who sat with a huff, not wanting to remember what had happened a couple of minutes ago.

"It hasn't even been a full first day and I already have detention." Ron groans, as he face plants onto the table. "I didn't even do anything wrong! He started it!"

"You called him vile and said that he and practically every Slytherin deserve to be in Azkaban." Hermione reminds him, giving him a look as he lifts his head up.

"Y-yeah but he hit me!" Ron weakly defends himself, knowing it was pointless but he didn't want to admit defeat so quick.

"You kind of deserved it from what I heard." Harry strains, waiting for the outburst.