Let's Go Home

ORIGINAL COPY BY ASUPREMEOVERLORD
PUBLISHED ON: December 25th 2018
WORD COUNT: 18,530

"I just want to die already..."

Ned shifted his head to Peter's side, taking in how his friend's whole posture simply screamed in agony. Peter's head rested flat on the table, those walking past him giving judgemental stares and vibes of disgust and scrutiny. His arms crossed and used as a pillow for his head, the blue slip of paper scrunched in his hand.

Ned knew how would never understand his friend's fears, but this one was by far the most intriguing.

"You're stressed," Ned pointed out, "and we all get that. You got to see past the bad shit. When the day is done, you have to see what you got left." He emphasizes his points with each rise of a finger.

"You're basically on a field trip to go home, you'll get to rub it into everyone's faces that you do know the Avengers, plus, don't forget you're having me and MJ over for dinner later!"

"That's the thing Ned," Peter sighed, "I don't want to shove it into anyone's face that I know anyone. As much as it is tempting, I know the consequences."

"What kind of consequences come with proving you are right?!" Ned could not possibly thing of a single thing that would ruin the plan.

"Embarrassment from your family. Eyes watching you for the rest of school. Oh, and don't you even forget that it was once Stark Tower." Peter shuddered at the thought. "Scientists and a couple of my buddies would be everywhere, pulling left and right for me to help in front of a class worth of people who hate me." Ned knew Peter was forgetting one single detail.

"Flash would finally get off your back...

"You could finally roam the halls. Head held high, Flash in your shadow...

"No more looking over your shoulder or holding back...

"He'd be called Eugene for the rest of his life..."

MJ whispered the thoughts into his ear, to which Peter swatted his hand aimlessly. He didn't know when she showed up behind him, but he then realized he grew to not care. He would not dare do that, he couldn't do that.

By all means, Peter knew Flash deserved some sort of punishment for all the teasing he'd done to him. Not just him though, but for Ned and all his other victims. Getting revenge was beneath him, but a smile emerged from his lips when he clicked that maybe a group with a vengeance would not be so bad.

"Loser, you thinking about it?"

Peter's smile faded as fast as it came, frowning as he shook his head. He would not stoop to his level.

"I won't do it." He answered smoothly. "As much as everyone expects me to, I won't take revenge on Flash. I don't want that on my conscience, I'd proudly rather be his punching bag if it meant I was his only punching bag. It'd be best if no one else was in the picture."

"Well it's too late for that Pete," MJ patted the back of his right shoulder, "because you're going on that bus to the tower whether you like it or not. You're sitting with Ned and I'll be right behind you."