i

Chapter one: "Ma'am I'm going to have to ask you to calm down."

[y/n]: at what level of bored does someone have to be before they're dead?
[y/n]: asking for a friend.

[friend]: according to google, dying of boredom takes years before it's effective
[friend]: is your spring break going that badly? lol

[y/n]: you have no idea dude
[y/n]: i'm stuck listening to my mom try and make me learn history in some stupid museum for no reason

[friend]: riigghtt, and you failing history totally has absolutely nothing to do with this 'spontaneous' trip

[y/n]: ... okay fine, it may be the reason why my mom picked this place

[friend]: hey at least you might actually learn something and get your grade up! so maybe it's not a bad thing after all?

[y/n]: you don't understand, my parents made me pack a bag full of "essentials" and everything

[friend]: ?? the problem is?

[y/n]: it means my parents planned on us staying here for a while!
[y/n]: not only do i get dragged miles away from home, (without my permission mind you) but i'm also forced to spend my one week of relaxation looking at a bunch of boring old stuff  just because my mom wants me to "appreciate the true beauty of history"
[y/n]: jokes on them, i filled 3/4ths of the bag with snacks

[friend]: wow. truly the work of an evil mastermind. i'm shaking with fright.

[y/n]: lol shut up
[y/n]: ugh i gotta go

[friend]: let me guess
[friend]: your mom is giving you the stink eye rn?

[y/n]: ding ding, we have a winner
[y/n]: i'll see you later!
[y/n]: that is IF i manage to make it out of this snore-fest alive
[y/n]: spoiler alert; it's not looking so well for me. i can feel my braincells deteriorate by the second.

[friend]: haha i'm sure you'll be fine
[friend]: see ya!!

Shutting her phone off, bored [e/c] eyes glanced at an older woman with graying [h/c] hair who had her hands on her hips and an irritated look on her face, "I can't believe you. You're standing among priceless artifacts from centuries ago, the stories and lives of ancient people, magical mysteries waiting to be solved and yet you'd rather bury your face into that phone of yours." With a quick shake of her head the older woman added, "Teenagers these days." 

The [h/c] haired teenager crossed her arms, shifting her weight to a different leg. "I'm an adult, mom and I'd appreciate it if you started acknowledging that." Her mother chuckled as she shook her head lightly, "Sweetie, please. I wouldn't consider nineteen years old as an adult. Besides, you're still my wittle baby-waby." At this point, her mother had moved closer to squish [y/n]'s cheeks; however, the female swiftly knocked her mother's advancing hands away. "Yeah? Well, I wouldn't consider history to be that interesting."