ii

Chapter two: "Wow, you guys are seriously committed to your jobs."

Clenched and balled up fists stayed glued to the female's sides as her feet stomped onto the concrete ground. why couldn't we have just stayed home? [y/n] had made her way outside the suffocating atmosphere that occupied the inside of the old museum and quickly looked over her surroundings.

There were a couple of employees outside– still wearing those ridiculous costumes– standing behind carts loaded with merchandise, beverages, and snacks.

Had the female not had a backpack with some junk food that she personally packed, she would have maybe bought some of the candy that was on sale to try and lift her mood.

Making her way past the carts, [y/n] spotted a pond of water hidden behind a plethora of bushes. The grass around the pond took on a brown mushy consistency; the water must've mixed with the dry ground to form wet dirt. Suddenly, the idea of skipping rocks across the blue surface of the water popped into the female's mind, hopefully posing as the solution that would help calm her down.

The bright rays of sunlight managed to make everything seem shinier than it normally was, however the girl was thankful for the warmth it provided so she wouldn't complain that much. Despite wearing an oversized hoodie, the girl could detect when the air around her suddenly dropped, leaving her to feel a little cold, that's weird the weather said it was gonna be warm all day.

Steering herself in the direction of the pond, [y/n] stepped over the knee-high bushes. The female gathered up some pebbles that were lying around and carefully chose a spot with no dirt to sit on. Mindlessly, she threw the pebbles and watched as they skidded across the surface, enjoying the ripples that formed.

A few pebbles later, her movements were automatic as she continued to toss pebbles. With nothing interesting happening, her mind drifted towards the argument she had started with her parents a few minutes ago. Just as she had predicted the gut churning guilt manifested and began to eat away at her nerves, eliciting a frown on the teenager's once blank face. Before she could dive down the rabbit hole of self deprecation, multiple bell chiming noises grabbed her attention.

Blinking twice, it took the girl a few seconds to realize that the sound was her phone's notification alert for incoming messages. Wiping the light dirt on her hands from the pebbles, she reached for her phone. [e/c] eyes began to scan the screen for a message.

[friend]: since you're surrounded by Ancient Greece things i thought this would be appropriate for the situation

[friend]: