(1) Cheese or pepperoni?

Aria's POV

I slowly drive through the pickup area, looking for my best friend, Brittany. She just got back from her two-month vacation in LA, and I volunteered to pick her family up.

I keep driving until I see her vibrant purple suitcase. I park my car and open the trunk. Then I approach her family and say, "Welcome back!"

"Aria, thank you so much for picking us up." Brittany's mom says, pulling me in for a hug.

"No problem," I say, hugging her back.

I turn to Brittany and ask, "How was your vacation?" She didn't seem to hear me, so I waited for her to notice my presence.

"Brittany, she's talking to you." The girl beside her says.

Brittany turns to face me, and I awkwardly wave. "Aria, hi! I missed you! How was your summer? Also, this is Becca. We met on my trip, and she decided to become a transfer student!" She says excitedly.

"Wow! That's so cool! I hope you'll like staying here in Chicago." I say, starting to take their bags.

"I'm excited to see snow for the first time!" She says, helping me with the bags.

I laugh and ask, "Are you from LA?"

She nods and says, "I know it snows in the mountain areas, but my family doesn't really like the cold."

"Hey Ari, do you want to hang out today? We could watch some movies and order food!" Brittany says, getting in the back of my car.

"Sure, I don't really have any plans for today. I could help you guys unpack if you need help." I say, getting in the driver's seat.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

"Oh, Becca, I have a present for you," Brittany says excitedly. She hands Becca a light blue box with a white ribbon on top. Becca unties the ribbon, and inside I see a bracelet. It's so pretty!

"It's a friendship bracelet! It matches mine

"It's a friendship bracelet! It matches mine." Brittany says, showing us her wrist.

"Thank you!" Becca says happily.

When they separate, Brittany says, "Sorry, Aria. I didn't find anything I thought you'd like..."

"That's okay! I wasn't expecting anything." I say, shrugging. I don't need a bracelet to show our friendship.

"I promise I'll buy you something on my next trip." She declares.

"Don't worry about it!" I say, smiling.

"So, what is your guys' school like?" Becca asks.

"Horrible. I hate all of my classes. I bet I won't have any classes with Aria since she takes like AP everything!" She says.