xlviii. headaches and someone named karl

FORTY EIGHT : ...
SEPTEMBER 16TH

The dark, foggy sky encased the pair in almost complete darkness, only the dim streetlights illuminating the concrete sidewalk. Anna's hand interlocked into Tom's, making sure that he was behind her as she tried to find her way towards her second home.

She opened the door, almost being blinded by the bright lights on the ceiling. Anna stumbled up the small flight of stairs, almost earning herself the corner of the coffee table into her stomach. However, Tom pulled her aside quick enough to avoid it.

❝Maybe drinking wasn't such a good idea,❞ Anna groaned. Her body collapsed onto the nearby couch, fleece blankets capturing her cold body. It had only been an hour at the nearest bar after her show, and yet somehow the two managed to be completely out of their minds.

Tom yawned, gladly taking a seat next to her. He already knew that whatever they were going to talk about was definitely not going to be remembered tomorrow.

Anna kicked off her shoes, scattering around the room. ❝I want a dog. We should get a dog, name him Karl. He'd be my kid.❞

The slur in her words was prominently evident, let alone her amount of insane thoughts that were flowing out of her mouth. Tom immediately spoke up when he heard a certain word.

❝Kids are so cute. I want one. If it was a girl I'd name her Mabel. If it was a boy, I'd name him Peter. Because, you know, Peter Parker. I'm Peter.❞ Drunken giggles filled the relatively small room.

❝You're silly. You're Tom Holland!❞ Anna shouted, placing her head on his shoulder. Sleep was most definitely starting to creep up on the pair. ❝and I'm Anーtired.❞

SEPTEMBER 17TH

Anna's light brown eyes slowly opened, groaning when the bright light. Her head was no longer rested on Tom's shoulder, instead, comfortably laid on a pile of pillows. Tom was sat across from her, glasses on the bridge of his nose as he read the last few pages of his favourite book for what felt like the hundredth time.

Tom read the last word, smiling at the happy ending the two characters got and shut the book, sighing in content as he had never gotten tired of that book. He noticed a certain pair of eyes on him, and smiled when he noticed it was none other than Anna.

❝Morning darling, how are you?❞

❝Good morning, my head is killing me. Did we by chance meet someone named Mabel last night?❞ She asked. Tom frowned, shaking his head. Although his attempt to convince Anna, she could notice the red starting to lightly appear on his cheeks.

She shrugged her shoulders, not wanting to bombard him with questions at... four in the morning? Anna extended his hands towards Tom, wanting nothing but his comforting arms around her.

He happily obliged, leaving his book on the counter and engulfing her in his arms. ❝I'm sorry, sunshine. For everything. I promise you I'll be the best I can be.❞

She hummed in happiness, cuddling deeper into his arms. Sleep was beginning to take over her body once again. ❝I know. I love you.❞