Chapter 1

Cody's POV

Today was the day that I'd meet Blake's friend. Blake had said his name was Maxx, and he was apparently an amazing drummer. Blake said he'd be a great addition to Set It Off, which I really hope. Another cool thing is that apparently he's moving to Tampa for the 'culture,' as he says. 

Blake invited the mysterious drummer boy over to one of our practices, although Blake wasn't a part of the band anymore we still trusted him. At the beginning of practice a dirty-blond with the classic emo fringe came up with Blake. I took time to notice his style, a bit more dressed than normal but nonetheless fashionable. His smile was bright and he noticed me, extending an arm.

"Hey, I'm Maxx," He looks at me for another second, before realization," and you must be Cody! Nice to meet you." I accept his handshake and smile back. He then turns to meet the rest of the group and I can't help but smile.

"Maxx," I call after his greeting with Austin," why don't you get on the drums and show us what you've got!" I wink, to prove my point, he looks a bit shocked but then grins at me, before looking over to the drum kits. 

"Alright," he smiles, before sitting down at the drums that we had set up beforehand. He smiles, picking up the drum sticks, before going all out. The way he played was incredible. I couldn't help but smile.

"Well, Maxx, would you like to be a part of Set It Off?" he beams up to me.

---

Welcome to my new story, the other one may be finished after this one. This one will be kinda short but maybe not. I'm working on the cover so yeah. Get ready for that. I'm planning this one out better, but I already love this story, so I hope you do too. Also, for those who don't know, Blake was the first drummer and introduced the band to Maxx.  OUWWWEOUUUUUWW (UWU)