Chapter 4

Maxx's POV

I yelp as I see Cody dashing towards us, Austin getting up, away from me to go and attack him. They collide and I stay on the bed in shock. I can only watch as Cody tries to tackle Austin. Cody was yelling at me to run and call the cops but I still couldn't move an inch. As Cody gets punched in the face it hits me. I rush to pick up the phone and quickly dial '911', the operator answers and I yell the address at them. She questions the situation and I just clamor out something along the lines of," I-I need a police officer-it's my boy-my ex- he-he-" I get lunged at by Austin, which gets diverted by Cody tackling him yet again to the ground.

I jump off the bed and to the area furthest away from the door. Quickly, I dash towards the bathroom, hearing Austin yelling at me. I try to block him out, rushing to lock the door. I worry about Cody, hoping he wouldn't get too hurt. 'Of course he's gonna get hurt, he's in a fight for crying out loud!' I sit down in the shower and curl up, hands at my ears and continue crying as I hear Austin banging on the door.

Soon enough, I hear "This is the police" and something along the lines of "get out of the bathroom" making me get up and go to unlock the door. As I open it, I see both Austin and Cody in handcuffs.

I cry and point to Cody," He's alright! He was protecting me" the police look hesitantly at each other, making my stomach turn. They then nod and one of them unlocks Cody's cuffs. Right when the metal clicks, signaling the unlocking of the cuffs, Cody runs to me. I cry to him and hug him, he rubs my back and whispers to me.

"You two will have to go to the station and file a report," the first officer sternly says, then they continue," we need one to know what happened. Especially due to the fight that happened."

The other officer begins to try saying something before Austin thrashes, I hug Cody tighter as if my life depended on him. He's the best friend I could ever ask for. I think this as the first officer brings Austin outside to the cop car. Then the second begins to pipe up," I was wondering, has your aforesaid ex-significant other ever.. Hurt you or done anything to you that you didn't consent to?"

I back away from Cody, slowly and hesitantly. I then look the officer in the face, before clamoring out," y-yes, multiple times a week."

"What would he do?" I then explode. I cry out, glancing towards Cody for support.

"He-he- can I not say this in front of my best friend?" The officer nods, saying that if I wanted to, I could file a report. They told me that it was my best option and I grabbed at Cody's hand, needily craving his warmth. I look at him and he gives me that dorky smile, but something seems off. No, not due to the situation at hand, (A/N not a pun) but due to something else. He can't seem to look directly at me anymore. I just shrug it off, and drag him to the kitchen. 

I grimace as I see the police car drive off with my former boyfriend inside of it. Cody rises up and leads himself towards... me. He clasps onto me into a tight bear hug. I feel his arm rub my back, before I hear him say,"  that look in your eyes, is telling me more than your words could." I hug back, and just sob out into him. 

----

Happy 4th Birthday, Duality

Diamond Boy has only just started. 

I have nothing else to say, so adios!