yoongi

i always thought i knew how to fly, i just had to take 

that stupid little pill and i'd finally be free.

Yoongi closed his leather journal and put his pen in the little cup beside him on his desk. He had always wanted to write, as if at birth he had been given a pen and paper, which actually did happen. His parents' friend wanted to, they believed if he had more resources available he'd learn faster. Growing up, Yoongi tried really hard to write his own novel, year after year he'd change the story, but not once did he complete more than a chapter. In the June of his senior year, he gave up on it, in fact, he gave up on everything. He tried to leave home, but his parents knew his immature ways far too well and went as far as to setting up security cameras in his room. 

Now, he still aspired to write a book, but this time a collection of poems. He'd been working hard in college, but he'd longed for a break. Today was the day that he'd finally face his fears, and actually try it. It was time for him to try the pill. 

Around campus, he'd heard of some miracle drug, something in the form of a pill. He'd asked one of his friends, who said that some science major mixed a few antidepressants together, extracted something or other and made some pill. He was arrested but at least fifty people knew how he did it and were making their own varieties and selling them. The people selling would dissolve or swallow pills from painkiller bottles like ibuprofen by and replace them with their own. 

None of the dealers had ever named the pill, but most of them dyed it red, so people just called the pills poppy seeds, as poppies are sometimes red, and the 'seeds' part was a safer word to add in the case someone overheard two people talking about it. 

As he was thinking through this, he got a text message from an unknown number. 

Unknown: hey, your friend jimin told me that you wanted to try some of the poppy seeds. the thing is, im pretty  sure someone snitched so if your gonna get any, your getting it all. dont worry about the payment.

Okay : Me

Yoongi took the things out of his backpack and grabbed a beer box. He put the box into his backpack so that it looked like his stuff was still in it, he got a couple washcloths and put those in as well, just in case. He did this not because the dealer said to, but because he was always thinking ahead. He would plan on staying in the apartment of the dealer for at least 45 minutes, so that if he needed an excuse he could say they were studying together. 

He arrived, not appearing 'sneaky' at all and the dealer let him in. 

"What's in the bag?" the dealer asked. Yoongi opened it to show the wash clothes and cardboard box. "I expected you to just bring a coat with a shit ton of pockets, anyways, the police might come here or something, I don't know how it works, so here." Yoongi took out the box and towels and the dealer loaded his bag with the pills. Yoongi zipped up the bag. "Now you better get out of here while you still can, you don't want to be caught with those." 

"I was wondering if maybe I should stay here for a while though, I saw an officer outside and it wouldn't help your case if she sees. I don't mean to invite myself over, but I don't want to be the reason you face jail time." 

"Maybe that's a good idea, in that case, call me Namjoon, its a more fitting name than 'Jimin's dealer'."