College Party Confessions - Peter K.

You spot Peter standing next to the beer pong table in his Spiderman costume, which you knew he'd kept from his high school days. He was laughing at something one of your mutual friends said and you scowl. He wasn't supposed to show up to your Halloween party and it irritated you that he came. Especially after what happened the other night. You march up to him and grab the beer he was holding from his hands.

"What are you doing here Kavinsky" Peter knew the second you called him by his last name that you were still upset with him.

"Oh, hey Y/N" he scratches the back of his neck nervously. Coming to your party was a risk but he had to explain himself. He hated seeing you hurt and since you were ignoring all his texts and calls this was his last resort. He'd even run the idea by his ex-girlfriend and very good friend Lara Jean. You knew about their close friendship and weren't bothered by it. In fact, you were friends with her as well, having met her back in first year when she visited Peter at UVA.

He always trusted LJ's opinion on things and especially when it had to do with you. Although Peter was a romantic he could also be a bit clueless at times. He found that dating in college and high school were two very different things.

The people around you realize that something was about to go down and they disperse quickly to give you two space. You don't blame them because the tension between you and Peter was palpable.

"I don't understand why you're here. I specifically told you not to come" you cross your arms and stare coldly at him. He shifts awkwardly and opens his mouth but before he could say anything you cut him off. "I mean really Peter? I told you I loved you and you just stared blankly at me then left. Like what the hell? I thought you were better than that."

"Can I talk now?" he asks raising an eyebrow and you huff.

"Fine." Peter takes you reluctant hands into his and pulls you closer to him. He takes a deep breath and looks into your eyes.

"I'm falling for you and I'm terrified."

"You are?" you were a bit shocked. After his disappearing act you thought he was going to break up with you. "You should have told me. You can tell me anything you know that right?"

"I know" he replies sheepishly. It wasn't that he didn't want to say, 'I love you' back that night, he was simply nervous. You were the first girl he's truly fallen for since LJ and it was a big step.

"I guess I'm scared that things will fizzle out between us like it did with-"

"With Lara Jean" you finish his sentence and he nods sadly.

"Yeah."

"I can't promise you that we'll last forever but right now I do want to be with you, okay." You bring your hand up to cup his cheek and he nods.

"I want to be with you too Y/N. I do love you" he leans down and kisses you softly. Peter's kisses were the best, his lips felt like clouds and he was passionate. It was like you could tell how Peter felt just by how he was kissing, and at the moment all you felt was love. Plus, running your hands through his chocolate curls was always a bonus.