The After Party - Noah Centineo

It was the night of the premier for To All The Boys I've Loved Before and you were so excited to celebrate the movie's release. Your best friend Lana, the star of the movie, had asked you to come with her to the after party. Her sweet boyfriend was accompanying her to the red carpet but she still wanted to see you and celebrate the film together. So, there you were standing inside this fancy club that had been rented out for the party in a dress that you bought at H&M. You tug at the hemline attempting to make the short dress feel a little longer but with no avail. You had already texted Lana telling her that you were near the entrance and couldn't wait to see her. It was a bit nerve-wracking to be in the same room as so many talented and well-known individuals. Even if you knew most of them from when you visited Lana on the TATBILB set.

Your eyes continue to scan the room trying to find her but instead they land on your nemesis. He was standing by the bar sipping on his drink, talking to Janelle and her fiancé. His eyes shifted when he felt your gaze on him and you lock eyes. He frowns, puts his drink down and excuses himself. You inwardly groan when he starts to make his way towards you, knowing that he was probably going to be his usual annoying self.

"What are you doing here?" he asks brusquely and you put on a fake smile.

"Nice to see you too" he huffs and crosses his arms. A move you noted that made him look like a teenager.

"I don't understand why you're here. I specifically told you not to come"

"Oh, I'm sorry am I inconveniencing you Noah?"

"Yeah actually you are. This party is for people who worked on the movie and I wanted to enjoy it without having to see you, which I thought I'd be doing." He replies referencing to the text he sent you last night asking you not to come to the party.

"Come one Noah. Lana's my friend, did you really think I wouldn't show up?"

"I asked nicely" he retorts and you snort. His 'nice' text was more of a don't-come-or-I'll-pick-a-fight text knowing you didn't like interacting with him.

"Yeah right. Anyways, it doesn't matter. I'm here now and I'm not leaving just because you don't like me"

"Why do you have to be so difficult all the time" he snipes.

"I'm not-"

"Are you two bickering again?" Lana interrupts staring the both of down. "I mean come on guys, you're both adults so act like it." She whisper yells the last part before giving one last warning glare and walking away to find the rest of the cast.

You sigh feeling drained from your small argument with Noah. It wasn't like you enjoyed fighting with him, you just didn't understand why he always acted like that with you. To everyone else he was so incredibly kind but with you it felt as if he was forcing himself to be rude. Like he couldn't stand being in the same room with you, for reasons you couldn't figure out. You'd even asked Lana if you said anything to offend him back when you first met. But, she was just as confused as you were as to why her sweetheart of a co-star despised her best friend.

"Why don't you like me anyways?" you ask Noah quietly as you teeter on the heels of your feet. He sighs feeling like you caught him off-guard and runs a hand through his unruly curls.

"When you visited us on the set someone said you were talking about me. We hadn't even met and you were already saying stuff about me behind my back. I guess I found it off putting" he shrugs knowing that it sounded very middle-school like as an answer.

"What are you talking about? I never said anything mean about you."

"Then why was I told that you were talking about me?" Noah asks confused.

You think back to that day on the TATBILB set and remembered that you'd been gushing about how cute and talented you found him. Someone must've overheard you and told him about it, minus the details.

"Noah...I wasn't talking shit about you," he scoffs but you keep going. "It's true. I was telling Lana and Madeleine how I thought you were cute and really talented. You must've misunderstood when that person said I was talking about you." You look at him and try to gauge his reaction. He was listening pretty intently and not rolling his eyes so that was a good sign. "Actually, I had a crush on you back then. It's one of the reasons why Lana brought me on set. She wanted to set us up or something." You smile awkwardly as Noah raises his eyebrows.

"Had a crush?"

"Yeah, past tense."

"Why's that?" he asks making you frown.

"Well when we met you were kind of dick. You pretty much ignored me and that hurt. So yeah, my crush ended very quickly after that." You look down at your shoes feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Damn. I'm so sorry I acted like that, I never should've treated you that way" he shakes his head feeling ashamed.

"It's okay, it's not like I was super nice to you afterwards anyways."

"Could we just start over?" he asks hesitantly. You cock your head pretending to be thinking about it then smile and nod.

"Okay"

"Great." He sticks out his hand and you shake it. "I'm Noah, it's nice to meet you."

"I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you too." You smile and he grins at you.

You ended up spending the rest of the night Noah, getting to know each other. It turned out you both had a lot in common. At the end of the night, after spending most of your time chatting and laughing with him, Noah asked you out. He promised that to make up for his less-than-friendly behaviour, he was going to take you out on the best date ever.