Going Public - Noah Centineo

You and Noah have been dating for a few weeks now and it's been pure bliss. He's so wonderful and sweet you almost can't believe that he's real. He's also a whole lot of fun. Noah is one of those funny, outgoing people who doesn't care what others think of him. You love that side of him because he's always being his goofy self no matter the environment. He likes to break out in dance and taking weird selfies to post on Instagram.

He's also such a kind and sensitive guy which balances out his silly side really well. For a guy who looks like he could be a total frat boy he's quite in tune with his emotions, sometimes even more than you are. But, your favourite aspect of his personality has to be his hopeless romantic side. He's never afraid to make grand (and cheesy) romantic gestures or talk honestly about his feelings. He's the kind of guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and you love him for it.

The only problem is that your relationship is a secret. Well, it's more of an issue for Noah who wants to show you off to world. Unlike him, you aren't as comfortable having your face plastered all over social media and in the tabloids. So, keeping things on the down low was more of your idea. Noah doesn't want to push you into doing something you're uncomfortable with, he simply wishes that you could see yourself the way he sees you. A beautiful, funny, loving and generous human being. Even if you couldn't see those traits for yourself he sure does.

With his career picking up more and more people were taking an interest in him and it was terrifying. Of course, you were ecstatic for him since he was succeeding and his dreams were becoming real. But, it meant that there would be more eyes on him which could lead to people finding out about you.

Noah tried multiple times to convince you that his fans would love and accept you, but you couldn't get yourself to believe him. You were worried that the second your relationship went public you would receive hundreds of death threats or horrible comments. Or worse, people would tell Noah that you weren't pretty or talented enough to be with him, feeding into what you already believed to be true. Those insecurities were very real to you and Noah always respected them. He'd always if you wanted to be in his IG story even if he knew you'd say no. He didn't want to push you to do anything you weren't comfortable with.

However, with time it truly started to worry him that you didn't want anyone to know about your relationship. He didn't want you to hide your wonderful self away from the world anymore. So, he decided to take things into his own hands.

One day, Noah decided to secretly post his favourite picture of you on Instagram to introduce you as his girlfriend. He wanted the whole world to see how he sees you, a beautiful and amazing human being. He wrote this beautiful caption about how you were the light of his life but you didn't see that. The only thing you saw was a picture of you that was posted on social media and you froze in disbelief. It took about 5 seconds for you to go from being in shock to seeing red.

You threw your phone on the bed not wanting to look at it anymore and stomped into the living room where Noah was watching TV. He sat on the couch nervously knowing that you were coming to talk to him about the picture.

"What the hell did you just do?" You snap and he winces.

"I posted a picture on Instagram..." he trails off and you take a deep breath.

"I'm serious Noah. Why would you do something like that? You know how I felt about going public"

He frowns then gets up the from the couch to stand in front of you. "I did this for you, for us"

"You should have told me!" you reply angrily. "You can't just make a decision like this without me"

"I know you're mad but you have to understand-"

"No Noah. I wasn't ready for everyone to find out about us and you knew that"

"I'm sorry Y/N"

"You should be!" you sigh and take a second to calm down, not wanting to fight with him. "You know I love you but can you just leave." Noah purses his lips but nods. He knew that he was partly in the wrong and giving you space would be a good idea.

"Alright, I'll go. But please read what I captioned the picture and what the fans are replying"

"My self-esteem is already low, I don't need to read what they're saying and feel worse about myself" you mutter and Noah shakes his head in disagreement.

"They're not saying anything bad things Y/N. They like you." he sighs sadly and looks at you with love in his eyes "I wished you could see how amazing you are." With that Noah gently kisses your forehead and starts to walk out of your apartment.

"Wait!" your initial frustration dissipates as he started to walk away so you take a few steps towards him and grab his hand. "I don't actually want you to leave. You just caught me off guard"

"Don't apologize for what you're feeling. I get that I should've talked to you before I posted the picture. I just really wanted to show you off to everyone." He shrugs sheepishly.

"Yeah I know. Next time you'll talk to me beforehand yeah? I don't need any more surprises."

"I promise I will," he pauses and grins "Does this mean we can post cute couple pics now?"

"Let's just take it one step at a time, but eventually yes." You laugh as Noah excitedly punches the air. It had definitely been a bit of a crazy day but you were glad that you talked things out with Noah. You understood where he was coming from and you weren't angry with him anymore. In the end, it might've been for the best.

Later that night you took a closer look at the caption he wrote and your heart melted. His words were the most beautiful and sweetest things anyone had ever said about you. It didn't make all your insecurities vanish in a second but it made you feel loved. And not only by Noah, the replies his fans were posting in the comments were also so kind. Although you weren't initially pleased with Noah's move to announce you as his girlfriend on social media, you were actually a little happy he did it.