Chapter 11

We were all staring at the girl as she continued to torment the guys in the tavern. I glanced at Zuko with a skeptic look. I didn't really think this woman would help us try and find Aang.

"Hey, I remember her she helped you attack us!" Sokka said. 

"Yep, back in the good old days." Zuko said as I glanced at him with a raised eyebrow. That's when Zuko walked up to her. I was trying to keep an open mind, but it was a little difficult.

"Hey, look its prince pouty. Where's your grandfather?" She asked. I guess the last time they had seen each other Zuko had been traveling with Uncle.

"He's not my grandfather he's, my uncle! And he's not here." Zuko grumbled. I just shook my head and rolled my eyes. That's when she glanced over towards the group and eyed Katara. 

"See you worked things out with your girlfriend." She said. I bit the inside of my cheek trying to keep from laughing. Katara turned red in irritation. 

"I'm not his girlfriend!" Katara snapped.

"She isn't my girlfriend!" Zuko snapped. I busted out laughing and Zuko punched me in the arm. I hissed as I glared at him. 

"Ow!" I muttered rubbing my arm. The girl rolled her eyes and then glanced at me. She eyed me for a few moments before glancing back towards Zuko.

"Okay sheesh I was only teasing. So, what do you want?" She asked.

"I need your help finding the Avatar." He said. She sighed. 

"Hm doesn't sound to fun." She said. I just shrugged.

"Does the end of the world sound like more fun?" Zuko asked getting her attention. She glanced at him before rolling her shoulders.

"Fine, fine come on." She said. We walked outside to find all the animals getting along together. Well, this was different. 

"Nyla!" June said holding up a steak. She threw it to the shirshu and it caught it in midair. I definitely needed to get one of those in the future. 

"Who's my pretty girl." She said petting her nose and then she shot out her tongue and almost hit me. I dodged it just in time and I glared at her. I knew that if that tongue hit me, I was going to be paralyzed for a little bit of time and I didn't feel like not being able to move. Zuko just glanced over to me with a small smirk.

"Whoa there!" June said pushing her mouth closed. I hid behind Cody quickly and stared at the shirshu. 

"Okay who's got something with his scent on it?" She asked. 

"I got Aang's staff." Katara said giving it to her. June held it to her shirshu's nose, and it sniffed it for a few minutes. Then the shirshu started to sniff around the ground for a while going in a circle before laying down and covering her nose. I raised an eyebrow confused as I glanced at June and then looking towards Zuko. Well, what did that mean because it didn't look good.

"Well, what does that mean?" Zuko asked crossing his arms over his chest. 

"It means your friend is gone." She said. My eyebrows shot up confused.

"Well, we know that and that's why we came to you." I said confused. She just shook her head to me as she glanced at all of us.

"I mean he's gone, gone. He doesn't exist." June said. 

"Um what do you mean? That's impossible." I asked. 

"Like is he dead?" Sokka asked. 

"Nope we would find him if he were dead. It's a real head scratcher...see ya." June said. She went to go walk off.