the day.

michaels p.o.v

i smiled, folding our final letter neatly in half and placing it in the old brown box where the rest of the letter i've received of her are. to some people this may have been seen as wierd, but i wanted to keep them safe. i wanted to keep them for a rainy day and i needed to smile or if one day we had children and i could share with them how i fell in love in just twelve simple letters.

i wouldn't go round showing people these letters, i mean why would i? i've told rose secrets about my past that i haven't shared with anyone before and willingly expressed my emotions about her. emotions i have never felt about anyone before. but i wouln't change a thing. rose is the best thing that ever happened to me. i have to be realistic, nothing may come of this, but i don't regret a thing. i fell in love with this girl and she's made me the happiest i have ever been. if she feels the same way about me i don't know.

i didn't have time to think about her own emotions about me as a familiar ring of the bell above the library door brought me out of my daze. i immediately stood up, pushing my chair back in the progress creating a screech echoing through the whole store.

fortunately people seemed to be caught up in their own world reading their favorite books to even look up. i took small steps towards the table where rose sat, my hands suddenly becoming sweaty. i quickly wiped them on my trousers when i started to think.

what if she doesn't like me? what if i'm not good enough? does my hair look ok? does my breath smell?

i didn't even realize i wasn't looking where i was going until i fell into another body, books falling on the floor as i landed on my ass. great.

'shit, fuck, i'm sorry ,here let me grab your books' i rambled, wishing to get out of this awkward situation as fast as possible.

'you should watch where you're going next time gordon' a not too high pitched feminine voice spoke.

i immediately recognized the use of my middle name anywhere. rose.

still looking facing the floor, gathering the books, a smirk formed onto my lips. i looked up. my green eyes meeting her golden brown ones. i subconsciously licked my lips, a nervous habit i picked up as a child. my smirk faded into a small smile as i handed her the books, our hands grazing each others and lingering there for a while.

'rose' i spoke softly.

'gordon' she responded, just as delicate.

i don't know how long we was there, or how weird we looked, but we just sat there looking into each others eyes trying to get over the fact that this was actually here, with each other. a few more moments passed before i decided to stand up looking down at rose as she sat there confusion written all over her face. i offered her a hand which she gladly took.

'how's about we go get that ice cream then ay?'

she giggled lightly as i laced our hands together, them fitting perfecly as if made for each other. she nodded gently, smiling as she spoke.

'i thought you'd never ask.'

and with that we made our way out of the store where it all started and headed towards the ice cream parlour. a silence took over us, not one of those awkward silences but a comfortable silence where words don't need to be spoken as the silence says it all.

'so do you like fall out boy, rose?'