'rose..'

michaels p.o.v

i sat there a huge grin spread over my face as i watched rose's lips move slowly as she talks about her vanilla ice cream. i asked her why she only had vanilla and how it was boring and plain, when she turned around and glared at me.

and for the past 10 minutes i've been listening to her ramble on about how wrong i am and how vanilla is the best. seeing her talk about something with so much passion i notice how her eyes squint closer together as she says something she thinks will convince me, or how her lips turn into a small grin when she thinks shes said something smart that'll prove her to be right.

i snap out of my gaze when i hear the rusted doorbell chime above the shop door. i look into her eyes to see her already looking at me, confusion written over her face.

'are you alright there gordon?'

i smile gently in return, but instead of answering i ask a different question.

'what made you reply to my first letter rose?'

she looked down and gulped obviously taken back by my sudden question. i quickly think that i have said something wrong, as i'm about to tell her she doesn't have to answer it, words left her mouth before i could even open my own.

'because gordon, i figured that your letter, wasn't your way of trying to pick up some random girl from the book club down the street, but i saw it more as a silent cry for a help so to speak, a way of trying to get out of this lonely pattern of yours. i replied hoping you knew i felt the same and that i needed help of getting out of my own deadly pattern' she said all of this with her head facing her lap as she fiddled with her fingers. a habit i noticed she does when put into a nervous situation.

i reached across the table and interlocked her tiny fingers with my larger ones. the action caught her by surprise as she looked up from her lap and focused on our fingers, a small smile forming on her lips as a blush slowly crept its way onto her cheeks.

'thank you' i breathlessly said, taken aback by her honesty.

still not looking into my eyes she whispered,

' what for?'

i stood up from my seat, causing the chair too scrape across the floor but not really caring. i placed some money on the table as rose stood up also. not saying a word, i lead her out of the shop and started walking down the street, our hands still placed in each others palms.

i didn't speak a word until i arrived at the park. the sun was slowly setting down now causing the reflection to shine across the lake, creating a beautiful scene. i sat down on the grass, looking out into the distance until i felt roses presence sit down besides me.

i turned to face her only to see her looking at the kids smiling and laughing on the swings set, a weak smile spread across her face but her eyes showed sadness. timidly i took two of my fingers and placed them under her chin causing her to face me, careful not to startle her.

she looked into my eyes as i began too speak.

'if you didn't reply too my letter i don't know what i would have done rose, i would probably be in the same shitty position i was in back then, if not worse. i would be getting shit faced every night trying too forget about all my problems.

and yeah i would realize how lonely and bad my life is and i would do the same as i used to back then. the only thing i knew properly how too. i'd cut, and drink and smoke. and you know what? eventually it would of took a turn and i may have been dead, i don't know.

but when you replied to my letter rose, i thought 'you know what, maybe someone does give a shit about me' so i decided to carry on talking to you because hey, you seemed pretty cool yeah? and you were cute, you intrigued me.

when you told me about, that, it upset me. no one as intelligent and beautiful as you should be made too feel like that. my main focus was too make you happy, too make you not waste your life or felt like i did for so long.

i was so busy doing so, i forgot about my problems, i didn't cut or drink or smoke for what. 2 weeks? which turned into a month, and so on. i realised i didn't need them too make me happy. i just needed you rose, and i couldn't thank you enough for coming into my life'

i wiped a tear that was running down her cheek with my thumb as i cupped her face with my hands and looked into her eyes.

'love, i'm going too kiss you now'

she didn't responed but just closed her eyes. i slowly leaned in, my lips grazing her plump ones until, i placed them over hers in a sweet a gentle kiss. i was going to pull away until i felt her small soft hand place on my left cheek and her lips added pressure onto my own, kissing me back.

our lips delicatly moved with eachothers, passionatly and slowly, not wanting too ruin the perfect moment. we both pulled slightly away from eachother, our noes' touching and our eyes meeting. we gently smiled at eachother not letting go of eachother, perfectly happy sitting in eachothers embrace for a while longer.

she rasing her hand and ran it through my newly dyed brown hair and spoke,

'i'm falling for you gordon..' she closed her eyes before realising a deep and shaky breath,

'promise you'll catch me?'

i took her hand and kissed her knuckles, making her open her eyes and look into my own green ones before responding.

'only if you promise too catch me too' i mumbled.

she took my pinky into her own and we held it there for a momen, both just staring at it. before we spoke at the same time,

'i promise'

and after that i kissed her lustfully and passionatly, like it was our first and last time. but a smile crept onto my lips during the kiss knowing i finally got the girl of my dreams and i'll be able too kiss her whenever i want.

sure we may both be broken but together, we can pick up all of the pieces and stick them back together.