The Dance

Solid, strong, self-assured and knowing, like an old oak tree that withstands bending and bowing.
Seeing light clearly, without any clouds, his clarity is  translucent, unmarked by the bound.

His thoughts dance around his head, finding the joy, the humor and the silver lining, striving hard each day to honor the good in the fray.

She strives hard in a different way.
Although looking for light in the day, she is sidetracked by all in the way.
She labors to do good without the glasslike clarity.

Together they work to do right by all, although the target is high, they aim even if they fall.
Friends, partners, together forever.
They are bound to each other no matter the weather.

When she thinks of him she feels only grattitude, for being paired with the one who elevates her.
To leave all of the self-doubt and prostelthizing, for the truth and the good and the self-affirmation.

Warm eyes, the light dances around, he knows that he has been found.
Perched aloft the ideas from on high, he whistles and shuffles to the tune he knows well.

Her heart is soft from the love that he has showered and the wisdom he gives without  circumstance or clamor.
She loves all that he is, his simple strong way, counting herself lucky for the days that will come as they dance away.