the guy on tv

It was the news of the past. It has for the past few years you lived in Springfield. It would come on one in a while and people knew what to expect. It was the case of Robert underdunk Terwilliger.

You lived in one of the nicer apartment complexes in Springfield and in recent news it seems that the very guy that you see on tv, will be staying in the apartment right next to yours. It was said that he is under watch and will be managed in this apartment. He has undergone therepy and treatment by a out of state facility and is now making a recovery. At least, thats what the people that showed up at your door told you.

It just so happened that the apartment next to you was vacant for a while so this was a not so perfect opportunity. The man himself stood behind the people, staring blankly into space. You were hearing the men but your eyes were focused on the criminal. He was a sight to see with all the unique features he possesed. He looked directly at you and you wanted to look away but you weren't fast enough and it was too late to look away now. You smiled at him quite awkwardly and he returned it, curling his lips in a calm and lazy kind of way. The men were done talking to you and informed you that he is not a danger but they had to do this by law. You nodded and they thanked you for your time.

After a few hours you heard the other neighbors on the same floor talking about the new neighbor. You headed towards the chatter to see what the commotion is. "He is no good! You cant change a man!" "Multiple attempted murders! I dont know who in there right minds let him free." "I have children and this is not the kind of environment I want them growing up in. He does not belong here!" "I say we do something about this!" They all looked around in approval. Then as sudden as it started, they all went silent. You looked at what they were all staring at and it is the man himself standing at his doorway. "Hello my fello neighbors. As you can tell I have just recently moved in and I am delighted to meet all of you." With his incredibly hypnotic voice he showed off he big smiled and bowed to all of us. They all gave him a nasty look and you weren't sure you were with them. He stood up straight and had his cold stare at the people but you did want to be on this guys good side so in a panic you put your hand out. His face lifted towards you and graciously took it. "Hello Robert its nice to meet you." "Oh, and you as well." "As you know I am you neighbor and I look forward to seeing you around." You tried to make your smile so its not too off-putting."I am quite sure you will as it seems no one else would care to." He looks at the crowd of people  standing behind you. He turned to retreat into his apartment but then turned his head. He looked at the huddle of people then to you. "Oh, and nice meeting you all." He forcefully slammed the door shut and all that was left was an awkward silence. The other neighbors started questioning you and discussing the situation.

You left eventually not wanting to hear more about what they were arguing about. So you descended in your bed and all of a sudden your eyes were heavy. You stood awake for a while,  thinking over the situation but was caught by sleep.