apartment invite

You had just gotten back from work and you were carrying all your stuff in your hands. You couldnt wait to get home and desperatly wanted to lay down but sadly, there is this one inch piece of wood that blocked you from the inside of your apartment. You were fumbling with your keys as your hands weren't cooperating. You cursed under your breath as you finally pushed open the door, only to find that you had dropped a paper. You groaned at the inconvenience and dragged the bags that you had, to the kitchen.You picked up the paper which you didn't care about what it had on it at the moment. The thing that caught your eye was that it looked like some sort of invitation. It was writen quite nicely and it had the address that belonged to your neighbors.

Oh god it wad the address that belonged to your neighbors..

--------

You fixed your eyes on the numbers on the door. There you stood. You knocked on the door, gripping onto the letter tighter. You were nervous to face this man with no one else around. The letter could have been on the floor and you somehow kicked it in. It probably isnt for you and you can just return this and be on your way. He opened the door wide open and had a welcoming grin on his face. "Come in! I have been waiting for your arrival!" His voice glossed over his words as he yelled in enthusiasm. You stepped in almost looking as if you were cowering at everything around you. Then, loosened up and started marvelling at the fantastic scenery. Velvet curtains that hung closed at every window and antiques that glowed in the dim light. He walked up behind you and revealed a plater full of a variety of cheese and crackers. "May I interest you in some hors d'oeuvres?" He bowed his head while holding up the plater. You took a few and they were really delicious! You made a humming noise and got a few more. "I assume that you like them. Ill send my compliments to the chief." He grabbed a glass full of what you assume is wine and sat gracefully of the couch. He followed and sat on the recliner that was off to the side of you. "So what was this little party for." You swallowed what was in your mouth and looked around the dim room some more. "It was a welcome party. A chance to get familiar with everybody. I sent an invitation to everyone but I can't understand why no one has arrived?" "I think the answers kind of obvious." You chuckled but the mood fell as he wanted you to go on. "How so?" You swallowed the thick clump that the food had left behind and looked towards him. "Um, how do I put this nicely.." you tapped your finger against your chin. "You dont have the best reputation." You didn't know Robert very well and you were talking with a filter. He smacked his lips, "ah, I see." He took a sip of his wine and then looked up at you. "Then why didnt you shy away like the others?" You were caught off guard because you didnt really know yourself. You scratched the back of your neck, "you seem like a very interesting person and you look very unique." He chuckled.  His laugh fit perfectly with his smooth voice."And your voice is truely astounding." the room seemed to stop when you said that. Only now registering what you said and it seemed he has as well. "Im sorry I didnt realize what I said." You felt the embarrassment flood you. He laughed at your comment and waved you off in a flattered way."Guilty as charged."

He poured himself another glass of some fancy wine that looked like it has been gathering dust. "Would you like to try some? Its a grape based wine called Château Lafite-Rothschild? Its is hand picked from Bordeaux in France." He holds it up as if admiring a painting on display. "You speak french?" He puts it back down and shakes his head with his fantastic curls swaying elegantly. "Whoa.." you mouthed. you thought that he must of noticed because he looked at you and smiled but it could be unrelated, "good heavens no but it is a lovely culture." You giggled, " it would seem like the perfect place to go and visit." You looked at him and compared him from what you've seen in the past. The only times you've ever seen him is from the news. Struggling in hands of the police and cursing out someones name. Right now he looks quite pleased with how he lives.You didnt think hes that bad but you cant help but think that maybe thats how it went with all of his victims. He has a very charming personality and could capture their trust quite easily. your mind hops back and forth but you cant help but not be threatened by him.  

 You have been in his apartment snacking and chatting for a while but your leg has been shaking at the full blatter you had. "Im sorry to interrupt but where is your bathroom?" "Down the hallway to the left." You stood up and silently guestured an apology. Something in your path had snagged your foot causing you to fall flat on your stomach. All the wind was knocked out of you. "Oh my goodness I am so sorry! are you ok?" . He helped you up as you clenched your shirt. You nodded and tried to recover from loosing all the air within you. You looked near the table and there didnt seem to be anything sticking out enough to trip you. Then you leaned against him. "Holy shit..." You were looked down at how large his shoes. "Im so sorry I didnt mean to trip you-" you laughed, not letting him finish his apologies. "You have, like, the biggest feet ive ever seen." You laugh died down as you cringed at the words that came out your mouth. He was looking at you with a non cipherable look on his face. " im sorry that was rude." "Its quite alright. I get this question more times than you could imagine. Yes my shoes do fit very comfortable, and yes they are a hassle." He said almost tiresome. You were having a fit of laughter at the situation. "What are you laughing at?" He chuckled along with your  burst of contagious laughter. "The situation is just so bizarre! Your looks are so peculiar but your so articulate and charming it just crazy!" You stood up on your own and looked at him laughing along with you. You turned around going down the hallway once the laughing died down. You didn't think you would have a good time but here you are enjoying yourself. You sighed while you washed your hands. You stood in the mirror looking at yourself and fixing yourself up. You looked around the bathroom and then the thought hit you. Your in a criminals bathroom. He seems very nice and funny, how could someone like that be a criminal. Well they did say he under-went therapy but it just makes you wonder.