1

1 & 2: How we met. 

IT was one of those warm mornings when you felt unusually wonderful. That is, it stayed an odd, unexplainable sensation, but it was a positive one rather than a negative one.

-Enough with the weather condition gist- I had my tea, which Doud had prepared before going to school. I strolled around the small house, a lazy form of exercise I was fond of doing as I was not in the mood to execute hectic work-outs. 

That was when I received a call from Zulaihat. 

Ma'Zulaihat is what I call her. She was a woman i spoke to frequently. A good listener I must testify. However, often times, she would say that I am a better listener compared to her. 

[Your flight ticket is ready, Morning flight as you requested,] she said in a weak voice. She was sick, what was i expecting?

"Very well, I will carry on with the journey, maa,"

The 'maa' was not the kind of 'ma' you say when speaking to a teacher during your oral exams but more like a 'mama' tune. A 'maaa' like mother. You stress on the 'aaa' part. 

-Enough with the vowels or phonics- I carried on to my bedroom and packed a number of my belongings. 

Ever since my son accepted that I travel, I was beyond grateful he let me engage in such; years after my retirement. Afterall Zulaihat remained a good friend and he did not feel to turn it down

However, the real reason for my travel was unknown to my eldest son, nor daughter. 

It was said that 'I was going to stay for awhile at an old friend's house,'

And it stayed like that. But I and ma'Zulaihat knew it was otherwise. It remained a sound excuse to cover-up for what we were up to. 

The day ended off quite fast with me going out to shop for a few things I needed for the travel. Early the next morning, I was taken to the airport. 

Upon my arrival, I humbly greeted the couple, and I would say their welcome was very sweet. The wife had already prepared food as sign of good-gesture for the unexpected guest, which was I. 

Indeed, ma'Zulaihat had not even told them of my coming, but simply laid cool as if she had forgotten to. 

       The wife, Maimuna, strolled in with juice to serve her newlywed husband and me, and he is my madam's son: Luqman. He is, without a doubt, Ma'Zulaihat's only offspring, whom she adores extremely much.

In fact, I think the major reason I'm here is due to her obsessiveness, but I must keep quiet as I have no right to condemn my madam.

          The day was short and I slumbered immediately after I was given a room to call my own. A spacious room it was and most importantly, it constituted a good reading table for me to study and, to think & write down - that which you, I and ma'Zulaihat are aware of. 

To summarize: I have met the couple, and I am yet to assume what my first impressions about them are. 

The next morning, I shall. 

-

NB:

Thank you very much for reading 1'

I look forward to seeing you in the next episode. 

However, I am curious to know your thoughts. 

:)

.