Chapter 1: Opportunities

Chapter 1:

Sarah P.O.V:

The house is completely in silence, looking at the clock seeing there a minute still left before 6, when she need to get up, would he be walking through the door....Tick Tock...Tick Tock

My door gets pushed open and little monster come running in....

Grayson: Mommmy!!! Wake up! It morning *he jumps onto my bed and we start our daily rountine, We both have a small tickle match, then we get up, head to the bathroom...

Grayson: *holding up his tooth brush* Toothpaste please

Me: *applying the paste* So I will be working a little late tonight, Aunty Bex will keep you company okay...

Grayson: *full of toothpaste* I—Do- ne- a bab- sitter

He tries to talk but only a bunch of jumble up words come out...

Me: *Laughing* You know little man, You will always be my baby, so no more stink eye, And behaviour for aunty Bex okay...I know what you did last time *giving my best stern look

Grayson: *tries to give me his best puppy eyes* I didn't do anything, Aunty Bex likes telling stories *pouting

Unfornately he is right, Aunty Bex or as I know her my best friend Rebecca Keller, She is the most vibrant, loudest and friendly woman, I ever met, She can easily be mistaken for a teenager, that how good her skins looks...Not that I am jealous...well not a lot *rolling my eyes at my thought...

Me: Get dress little man, we got to get you to school...

Grayson: Miss Fuller said that there having a end of year concert, and I might get the lead...*He excitedly chats as he dresses

Me: Aw that great baby, I am sure you will be amazing!

Grayson: She said the school will need to have a fundraiser, I told her we will sell you store bought cupcakes *Giving me a cheeky smile

Okay, So I am not the best at baking, and at their last bake sale, I completely forgot, and bought them from the store, the kids like them so much, that the mothers start asking for the recipes, and I had to fake like I knew what went in them...So naturally I got caught and now known as the store bought parent...

Me: Haha...Let go!

Gathering our things, We leave the flat...We are greeted by our neighbor, Mr Potts

Potts: Morning guys

Grayson: Morning! Mom say you got the new xbox? *Looking with bright eyes

Potts: *laughs* Your mother like to spill the beans, it was suppose to be a secret, was suppose to show you tonight, when your Aunty Bex bring you over...

He and Rebecca have an on/off relationship

Me: Sorry...My son tends to get information out of me without me knowing *rolling my eyes

We all laugh, once we gotten off the elevator, we quickly grab a cab, and head for Grayson school...

Preppy Kindergarten...I know the name is pretentious, but it one of the best, and I want my kid to enjoy it...

Me: See you later handsome *kissing him

Grayson: *Wipe my kiss* Ugh mom! I told you no more kisses...I'm not a baby anymore...Bye *He runs off before I could answer...

Cab driver: They grow up to fast...

Me: *shake my head* Yeah...

Arriving at work at 7.45, I quickly leave my files at my desk, Entering the break room, I turn the kettle on for coffee, and prep two cups, one for my boss and another for me...

Luke: Hey girl!

Me: Hey Luke, how are you?

Luke: Great, last night went amazing, you should've been there...plenty of potentials *winking at me* if you catch my drift...

Me: *rolling my eyes* I do, but I had a late night and a kid at home, so all good...

Luke: Well if you ever change your mind, let me know!

After getting the coffee, I knock on my boss, Richard door

Richard: It opens

Me: Morning sir, I brought you some coffee...

Richard doesn't look up, just nods at his desk indicating where I should leave the coffee...

Me: Can I bring over the schedule to discuss today meetings?

Richard: I thought you would've them here already, make quick...please

Quickly grab the calendar, and his messages from yesterday...I put my phone on pause, since I could take up to an hour, going over the schedule and I don't want the phone to ring

Me: *settling down* You have a ten o clock with Mr Yu, about the building rights, and you have a lunch meeting with Mrs Jenson, She said she might run a little behind but that she will still be coming...

Richard: *hearing his ex name, he takes his slender fingers and rub his temples* Okay and what about Mr Yu, he need to show me his proposal?

Me: I called him, He is still busy with specs but said he will meet you tomorrow with his proposal...

Richard: Ok, I need you to type a letter to municipality about the zoning rights, and ask for Govender from H.R to call me...

Me: Will do, is there anything else?

Richard: That all *Before I leave* Oh I forgot to ask, Did you speak to Granger about his offer?

Me: Uh, Yeah, he called but I don't think he will be the right fit sir, he is a bit to arrogant, and we need someone who is a good negotiator...

Richard: Ok you have left me a lot to think about, get back to your desk...

After spending another hour or so, on work emails and calls, I take a quick pitstop at the vending machine for lunch, I won't have time later to leave my desk.

When I return to my desk, Richard was standing there....

Richard: We need to talk...

Author Note:

Hi! This is a new story I started working on, I am pretty excited about it!

Please let me know what you guys think so far?

Tweet, Vote and Comment!

Tweet @ShyPopz

Instagram: MIZSATHAR

Lots of love 

Shaaira