Chapter 2: Aunty Bex

Chapter 2:

Sarah P.O.V:

I look at his serious expression, felt my hair on my arm stand up...

Me: Oh, okay...*I want to sit, didn't know if my legs could hold me*

Richard: In my office *He struts off to his office

After closing the door behind me...I take a seat and waited for him to begin...

Richard: As my loyal assistant, I have learnt to trust your instinct and I decide not to go with Granger, I had another opinion but it requires a little more action on our side, A friend of mine, Mr Baker Smith, Is a well known lawyer, and he is willing to help us with our case...

Me: That great-

Richard: I am not finished...As I was saying, He is willing, but he need an assistant with a background in Law, and since I would like to keep this in-house, I volunteer you, I know from your C.V, You were a law student before you had your son, although not completed, you have enough to assist him...

Me: I would be honored sir, but that two jobs, and although I could use the practice, and I could learn a lot, I got a kid, and it will require a lot of late nights....

Richard: I figured you might say that, which is why, I will have intern assistant with me, while you will assist Smith, this shouldn't disrupt you schedule, and It does come with extra pay..

Me: *smiling* Thanks sir, I won't let you down.

Richard: No problem, uh...It lunch time, I need to go...

Me: Right, Your lunch is at Claire, I already gave your order, so you will be served as soon as you arrive...

Richard: *Give me a small side smile* Perfect, thanks that all...

As soon as my Boss leaves, I let out a sign of relief, I thought I had did something wrong...I was incredible excited about working with Mr Smith, After googling, I saw he was the best in his field and I would finally use my knowledge I gain at law school, although I never graduate due to Grayson birth, I always keep current with the law and rules.

I decided to call Bex to remind her to pick up Grayson after daycare...

Bex: Hey babe!

Me: Hey! I-

Bex: called to remind me to pick up Grayson, I know *laughing

Me: Haha, you know how forgetful you can be, and I got news to share!

Bex: I know, okay spill girl!

Me: I got an opportunity to work for a well-known lawyer! And I won't be working double hours, because Richard said he will get an intern to cover me, and I get extra pay!

Bex: That great girl, you wouldn't been such an excellent lawyer! But that really sweet of your boss...*she always thinks he has a crush on me

Me: He just want to keep this case in house, that all...

Bex: Yeah, say the assistant getting paid to work for another...anyhow I am already at Grayson school, I got off early from work, might take him for a quick stroll by the park near your place, is that okay?

Me: That fine, I am sure he would love that, and thanks again for taking him

Bex: What are best friends for!

Me: More like sisters! Love you!

Bex: Love you, you owe me a big glass a wine when you get home!

Me: You are on!

After cutting the call, I went back to work, completely forgetting I never ate....

It around 6 p.m, and the pain in my stomach won't stop, I decided to take a 5 minute break and eat my sandwich...

Richard: I see you didn't have your lunch again...

Me: Uh...Yeah I kind of forgot about it, with all the excitement and work...

Richard: Yeah I know how it gets...So listen I am finish for the day, why don't you close up as well, I'm sure your kid missing you...

Me: *Smile wide* You sure sir, yeah he has been complaining but he understand...

Richard: Kids are specials...You are lucky...

Before I could response, he already left.

After finishing my last email, I quickly power down my P.C and pack to leave.

Author Note:

Chapter 2! Whoa a lot to take in, but what you guys think of Aunty Bex? and don't you just love Grayson?

Let me know?

Tweet @ShyPopz

Instagram: MIZSATHAR

Lots of Love

Shaaira