Part 5: Flame

Just as I walked out, knowing that Michael would get what he needed done, I ran into Jamie

"Was that you?" She asked directly, and I couldn't help but cock an eyebrow at her question. Obviously. Who else would curtain the school in flame? "Holy shit..." She muttered to herself, "And that's the director that you're... telekinetically hovering?"

I looked beside me, where Justin cried silently with empty eyes in the air. "Yes," I held a soft smile that had nothing to do with Justin. "I wouldn't underestimate Michael, if I were you."

"Duly noted," Jamie said, "So what is the plan?"

"We need to secure the school, now." I said as I started walking down the stairs. This wasn't the time to second guess the plan that Michael and I had haphazardly put together. "Get teachers out now."

Jamie nodded, "I'll start on the East wing, collect fighters on the way."

"All teachers and admin staff need to be isolated, not killed." I said, not wanting to had a massacre on my hands. "Obviously don't die a pacifist but all teachers are being told to leave."

Jamie rolled her eyes but nodded and ran off. I let her go, running first towards my dorm. I needed to find Christine and Margie, and that's where we had agreed to meet. I did my best to wade through the crowd, but seeing a group of kids that were at most 14 years old I couldn't move on. 

"Hey!" I called for their attention. "You need to get into your dorms, now."

"What is happening?" A panicked boy asked, terror obvious in his features. 

"We're kicking the teachers out of the school," I said, knowing that they deserved an explanation. I placed Justin on the floor right by my feet, if he tired to move I would notice it. "There's a whole lot of us that're going to stop the teachers from hurting you but-"

A high pitched scream from a little kid, no older than 8, called my attention away from the kids. I looked over to see Mr. Walton holding a gun and wearing a vest that I supposed he thought would protect him. 

"KIDS!" I yelled, "GET TO YOUR DORMS NOW!"

The timber in my voice seemed to shock them into submission while I ran towards Mr. Walton. He hadn't had a target in sight until he saw me. A disturbed smile graced his features and he pointed the gun at me. I had no idea how guns worked but when I heard a small click and his finger rested on the obvious trigger I knew I wasn't in a good position. Dragon or not I wasn't immune to bullets

"Put your hands up!" He yelled and I complied, not wanting to be shot. "I've been waiting for this," He spoke harshly, the rune I had placed on him was still slightly effective. I could tell that it hurt to talk at all, and yet he continued. His eyes were crazed, making him look manic. "You kids are all the same. Who's the strong one now?"