chapter16

Zude awoke after a full night's sleep feeling well-rested and secure than he remembered ever being. His arms were wrapped around Jude's waist their feet tangled and awareness came to him that he hadn't dreamed the details of last night.

That was a good awareness.

He closed his eyes reminiscing the details of their steamy night. When he opened his eyes he found Jude awake. With messy bed hair, open clear brown eyes watching him and his stomach did a summersault at the sight of his lovely face and sexy lips.

Jude had woken up with no memories of dreaming last night, he liked the feeling of less dreams. Because dreams for him were mostly nightmares that made him worry about their meaning behind in one form or the other.

"Morning love." Zero's husky voice fell like a sweet melody on Jude's ears.

"I can't believe you slept in here," Jude mumbled, trying not to think about awful he must've woken up looking. After they'd fell asleep after having sex together - twice. Each time more explosive and bonding than the last.

Zero brushed a strand of hair off Jude's smooth cheek, with a gentle caress. So gentle a lump formed in Jude's throat.

"I can't believe you wanted to kick me out right after we had sex." He pulled Jude's body closer to his and kissed his forehead "But I'm glad I didn't listen to you."

However Jude was determined to keep the morning light and carefree to prove to himself and to Gideon that last night was nothing more than a one night stand.

Or in guys' terms...an easy lay.

No matter how slow and personal intimate their night was.

He winced at the notion but forced a smile "What do you say I put something together for breakfast?" he asked sliding out of his arms and missing his warmth immediately.

Zero pulled him back into bed and started kissing on him. Long, deep and so sensual it was arousing Jude's still sensitive body all over again.

"Mhm," Jude protested the distraction. Placing a hand over Zero's firm chest and stood away from the bed. Repeating himself in a paraphrase, "I'll go prepare some breakfast for you."

Gideon leaned back arms crossed behind his head, with a winning smile. "Dinner the other night, breakfast morning after sex. Careful Jude or you'll spoil me." He winked in a way that made Jude feel all desired and appreciated.

"You're just lucky I'm willing to include you in whatever I make." Ignoring his state of undress wasn't all too easy and so was hiding his arousal but he forced himself to the closet for something to cover up and left for the shower first. Where he emerged fresh and fully dressed which disappointed Gideon a bit. Then he went for the door but before he reached the door he turned back and asked: "Can I ask you something personal?"

He nodded warily.

"Did you call Sam back?"

He drew a long breath then exhaled "Not yet."

"Well, maybe you should." Jude hated advocating that the man he'd just slept with establish contact with his ex. But he kind of felt shitty for bedding a guy who didn't seem to be all that over his ex. He turned to go, twisting the Victorian Gold door handle.

"Jude?"

He pivoted, heart, pounding in his chest "Yea?"

His gaze velvety soft met his then shook his head "Nothing."

Gideon watched Jude leave with a yearning heart.

An hour later he was sat across the window in the kitchen where Jude had left him to eat on his own as he took the animals for a walk before work.