Chapter 2

I walked out of the molecular biology lecture with a blank page that had supposed to be full of notes. The professor's voice had been mere background noise amidst the loud, hectic shrieks of my own thoughts. It didn't help that I was sitting beside the boy who made me have this sexuality crisis.

My phone vibrated in my pocket.Assiren: Hey babe I found out Moanas showing in the cinema near campus. Wanna go as an anniversary celebration?"Ugh, now is not the time Nerissa!" I said to myself.GratiaNO: sorry ners but i have a shit ton of hw for molecular bio and ive have the worst migraine EVERAll of that was technically a lie but I was not in any shape to be seeing my girlfriendAssiren: Awwwwww :'( maybe we'll go tmw.GratiaNO: thxx xo :)Phew.

I thought about texting Bassanio. His profile picture was of him and some guy with dark greyish-brown hair, there were trees in the background and the sunlight shone through the leaves and leaving patchwork patterns of light across their faces. My mind couldn't help but wonder about what the relationship between Bassanio and Mr.darkhairedman was. I pushed the thought out of my mind.Maybe I could kill two birds with one stone and go see Bassanio and try to understand any of today's lecture.

GratiaNO: Hey! I was wondering if maybe I could come over to your place and get some of the notes from today cuz i had a hard time understanding it. If you wouldnt mind.

Bassaniconii: sure np dude. U know where my place is?

GratiaNO: well no :/

His dorm was surprisingly close to mine and a lot closer than Nerissa's. I gently knocked on the door. It swung open and Bassanio stood there. "Hey!" He said cheerfully. "Hi," I said as I shuffled past him into his dorm.

There was a bunk bed over on the left wall and two desks on the right. Most of the walls were covered in posters, polaroids or lights. Their floor was clear of clothes or stains of questionable origins.

"Take a seat," Bassanio said pushing the computer chair from the other desk over to his. I sat down at his neat desk while he rummaged through his backpack."There they are!" He threw the notes from the lecture onto the desk. Christ, his handwriting was amazing.During his surprising good explanation of the confusing crap the professor was saying, I heard to door creak open. I swivelled around in the chair to see the guy from Bassanio's profile picture. He was short and looked like the last time he had gotten adequate amounts of sleep was in the womb.

"Yo," he said. "Oh hey!" Bassanio looked up from his notes and smiled."Gratiano, this is Antonio." Antonio, huh? Sounded like a really obnoxious name, like Salerio or Bellario.

"Hi.," I said. Antonio smiled smugly and winked at me. My God, he was a dick. He sauntered over to the bunk bed and climbed on top. He started scrolling through his phone. I turned around and diverted my attention back to Bassanio.At the end of Bassanio's explanation, for the first time since changing majors, I truly felt like I had some understanding of biology."You know what? You're a good teacher." I said as I was leaving. "Thanks" I would never, in my entire life, get tired of seeing him smile.