Chapter 3

The brief walk back to my dorm was filled with questions.

 So the boy in Bassanio's profile picture was his roomie, so maybe they were just good buddies, but there was a voice in the back of my mind urging 'But what if they aren't?'

Well, maybe it just wasn't my business. It might be for the best that he was taken, it would make it easier to get over him.

I reached my dorm once again, I practically collapsed into bed. I thought about it no more.

-*-

I barely turned my assignment in on time. My blood was about 89% coffee.I had been so wrapped up in infatuation that I completely forgot that homework existed. And there I was, sitting beside Bassanio and being distracted, again.

As I was stepping out of the lecture hall, exhausted, Bassanio stopped me in my tracks."Hey! Wanna come back to my dorm?"

"Oh uh sure, yeah." Real smooth. We mostly complained about the assignment and homework on the way to his room.

Antonio was lying on his bunk as was seemingly usual for him. We started emptying our bags."Shit..." Bassanio said.

"What?" I said, "Ugh, I left my Mac in the hall." Well, that's great. "Want me to go with you?" I said. Bitch, you are not leaving me alone with your asshole of a roommate. "No, we have a fuck ton of homework, you get started." And with that said, he rushed out the door.

I started absentmindedly copying paragraphs verbatim from the textbook. I had a decent chunk written but I was interrupted by the sound of creaking. I swivelled around in the chair to see Antonio hopping off the ladder of the bunk bed, he sauntered towards me and flopped down backwards on Bassanio's chair, his head leaning on the back of the chair.

I stared at him awkwardly for a second, completely unsure of what to do."So," he started "When are you gonna tell Bassanio that you fancy him?" he said very casually. I froze in absolute shock. "Um," my voice trembled as I spoke, " I don't kn-" He cut me off "Oh come the fuck on do you think I'm fucking dumb?" there was a cunning smirk on his face."N-no! I just...how would you even know..." I hesitantly replied. He started laughing almost mockingly."Let's just say that subtlety is not your.. what's the word?... forté?"

"Fine..... it's true." I admitted ashamedly."Well, why the fuck do you care?" I asked."I was dating him like a three months ago." he shrugged. "Oh... I didn't know that he's...." I said "-Gay?" he smirked "Yeah he's fuckin' gay"

I could feel myself going crimson as Antonio stared at me. "I just-he probably doesn't feel the same way.." I looked down to the floor and fiddled with my hands awkwardly." Tell him and I swear you won't regret it." And with that, he jumped up and climbed back up onto his bed as we heard the door unlocking.

Bassanio walked in looking tired as he set his computer down on the table and slumped into the chair. I could still hear my heart pounding incessantly in my ears and could feel Antonio glaring at the back of my head as I shakingly kept typing the assignment.

I walked home alone and collapsed onto my bed in a heap wrapping a blanket around me as I tossed and turned. I replayed the day over and over in my head until sleep dragged me away from my thoughts.