how not to save a life

i.

VIOLET DUNCAN WOKE WITH the sun, a scream emitting from her dry throat as she sat up in the bed that was not hers and looked around the room she did not recognize. Rain was pattering against the window and cars passed quickly on a highway not far from the house..

But how could she possibly know that? Even with her advanced hearing, she's never been able to hear that far before. And she knew it was far enough for her normal hearing to be out of range because as she got up and inspected, she found the house to be surrounded by nothing but Forrest for miles and miles.

"Where am I?" She asks herself, cringing at the hoarseness of her voice. She couldn't remember how she got here, and thinking about it made her head pound. All she could see in her mind was blackness, as if she'd drank too much again and had a blackout.

The teen noticed a bathroom to her left and stumbled through the door, reaching for the glass that sat next to the sink and filling it up with tap water. After drinking several cups, she found herself to still be thirsty, and not yet rid of the nasty burn that had started in her throat.

She wondered if she was coming down with a cold.

She wondered if she had been kidnapped, maybe her family was looking for her. Maybe she could escape!

She couldn't hear anyone else in the house, but was shocked to find that there was intact another being in the house, a maid.

"Who are you?" She asks, walking into the kitchen. She instantly began the search for knives or any sharp utensil to use as a weapon.

The woman jumps, dropping the dish she was holding and causing it to shatter against the floor. "You're not supposed to be awake!" She says. She was younger than Violet had originally thought, maybe only in her twenties. "Klaus won't like this- "

Violet didn't have time to question who this so called Klaus was, because in the next moment she was leaping over the counter and attaching herself to the woman. She didn't know what was happening, or why, all she knew was that the smell of blood from glass cutting her legs was amazing and that it tasted even better.

Violet Duncan thought herself a monster, several hours later. She sat on the kitchen floor, with the dead woman's head in her lap, her body on the other side of the kitchen. She hadn't meant to, she wasn't even sure how it happened, but it had.

The phone had rung several times, and the rainfall outside had turned into a raging storm as night fell, bringing with it booming thunder and impressive strikes of lightening.

Nature's punishment for the loss of one of its witches, the very witch that Violet had just murdered on accident.

The phone ringing shrilly through the house caused the girl to jump, ceasing the motion of her hand running through the once beautiful woman's hair. Like the four times before, she wondered if she should pick it up, but before she could even get to her feet it had stopped ringing and the front door had slammed open and shut.

"Bloody hell, Maria, what have you don't to puss them off this time?" A British sounding voice called through the home as lightening struck once more not far from the house. "That isn't a storm, it's fucking hell..ish.."

The voice tapered off by the doorway of the kitchen, causing Violet to raise her head slowly. She was met with a pair of expensive shoes, and legs adorned by expensive jeans, followed by a toned torso clad in a green long sleeved T-shirt and a very handsome face.

Said face was wearing a smirk, arms crossed over its chest as the man leaned against the door frame, eyes alight with amusement. "Hello, Love."

It was as if a gate broke inside of her, because in the net second Violet was ugly crying. Tears streamed down her face, snot came out of her nose and she could barely make out her own words.

"I'm a monster!" She thought she screamed.

The sudden change in emotions had Klaus jumping in fright, not expecting it. He figured she was having a mental break down, as she was still clutching Maria's head and slowly walked over to her before crouching down to her height.

"Why don't I take that? Hmm?" He asks as the beautiful girl before him continues to sob, gently he pried the head out of her hands and rudely tossed it towards the body. "Everything is going to be all right, love."

She suddenly remembered everything, this man saving her..her last text to her parents..even that he had been following her. He was the familiar force that she remembered feeling for weeks on end, stalking her, watching her every move.

He was the reason she was now a vampire.

He was probably the reason why she had stayed so late that night anyway, taking care of that poor dog that had been run over on the county road.

And he was now carrying her from the kitchen to the bedroom she had woke up in, starting her a warm shower and rubbing her back as if he actually cared about her.

She didn't remember getting in, or for how long she was in there, but when she got out she was no longer crying or bloody and there clothes waiting for her on the counter near the door.

She took her time, drying off and drying her hair before putting in the purple pajama top and work out pants. She avoided looking at the mirror for fear that she would not recognize herself.

And when she finally walked out, Klaus was sitting on the bed, waiting for her. He looked up as she walked out, giving her a tentative soft smile. "Feeling better?" He wasn't sure where the gentleness was coming from, or why he was even doing it.

She couldn't help the glare in her face, as she stopped in the doorway, looking at him. She was a monster now, much like him, and it was his fault entirely. She was sure of it. "You made me like this. What happened down there..that was your fault!" She says , her voice unable to come above a whisper.

"I saved you." Klaus states, he knew she was just feeling scared, confused probably considering how she had spent the last one thousand years of her life, and would not push this into an argument.

"Obviously your mother never taught how not to save a life!" Violet shouts suddenly, her eyes wide as she made her way for the bed. She was tired, exhausted. "Because turning them into blood sucking monsters, is not how it's done."

🔳🔳🔳
AYE  THIS IS TOTAL TRASH BUT HI VAMPIRE!VIOLET!