Chapter 2

Valka POV

We landed in Berk just as the sun sank into the sea. Berk was different, a lot different. There were lots of dragon based things such as stables and an all-you-can-eat buffet for the dragons.
I looked over at Hiccup and felt a wave of pride looking at him. He was the chief of this place, and Stoick...
"Mum, are you ok?" Hiccup asked me.
"I'm fine son," I answered smiling at him, tears caught up in my eyes.
I then realised that I was getting a large amount of stares from the people of Berk, I recognised a few, but a lot of the younger people were strangers.
"C'mon, I'm sure we can formally announce your return tomorrow," Astid says, putting her hand on my shoulder as she steered me to Hiccup's house.
The three of us walked up the stairs into the large house. I'm overwhelmed by the memories this place gives.
Hiccup takes me up the stairs as I walk into Stoick room, our room. It was the same as I remembered, the same double bed and the same Stoick's mess.
"My room's just next door and Astrid's is across from mine, you can't miss it, it's the newer part of the house," Hiccup told me. It took a minute to realise what Hiccup had just said.
"Wait Astrid lives here too?" I asked, suprised.
"Oh yeah, We spent a couple of years on a seperate Island, Meanwhile my parents home got destroyed. When they rebuilt it, they forgot to build in my room for when we came back. When we did get back a couple of months ago, It was just easier to add a room to this house than it was to add a room to my parents house or to build my own home," Astrid explained.
"Astrid and I are bethrothed so Dad treats her like a daughter..." Hiccup trails off, realising he said 'treats' instead of 'treated'.
"Anyway, I'm sure you can hear all about our life story tomorrow! I'm going to bed!" Astrid announces, giving Hiccup a quick kiss on the lips before she flashed me a smile and walked down the hall to her room.
"Night mum, will you be okay for tonight?" Hiccup asked me, his eyes begging for sleep.
"I'll be okay son," I say, before I wrapped him in a hug. "I'm sorry for not coming back sooner," I whisper into his ear.
"You're here now though, just don't ever leave me again," he replied.
I went to bed that night with mixed feeling, staring at the empty pillow beside me, letting today's event replay in my head.

Astrid POV

I woke up the next morning laying next to Hiccup as my hair was wet from his tears last night. I had come back to his room after his sobs became to painful to hear, I hated it when he was unhappy.
"Morning M'lady," Hiccup muttered, kissing my forehead. He then sat up and looked around the room as if questioning if yesterday really happened.
His eyes were red from the lack of sleep and I doubted I looked any better.
I heared Gobber and Valka talking down stairs, Gobber proberally here to cook breakfast and help Hiccup with his first day as Chief.
"C'mon you," I nudged Hiccup, getting up and reaching for his hand.
Hiccup got up slowly, took my hand and we made our way down to Gobber.
"Hiccup! How are ye feeling today?" Gobber asked cheerily.
"I've been better," Hiccup answered. That was followed by a silence.
"Well today Spitelout will stand in as chief as it seems a bit cruel to force you to lead today after, well ... yesterday," Gobber continued.
"Thank Thor," Hiccup muttered, relaxing a bit.
"But I have organised for an assembly at the great hall to announce Val's return," Gobber continued, Hiccup just nodded, his face emotionless.
"Also we are planning for a statue of Stoick in his honour," Gobber added, which caught Hiccups attention.
"T-thank you Gobber," Hiccup managed.
"All good lad, now here's your breakfast, because I don't want Astrid or Valka poisoning you with their cooking," Gobber said, raising an eyebrow at me.
"That sounds like a good idea Gobber!" I laugh, my Yaknog wasn't very popular within Berk.
"Now, I feel like you two need to fill me in on a few stuff, we have all morning, so don't leave anything out!" Valka said, sitting down next to Hiccup looking at the two of us. I smiled down at Hiccup, and he looked up at me and begun.
"Well it all started when I wanted to impress this really beautiful Viking girl..."