| SPECIAL | 29 - Classroom Nightmares

(Y/N)'s POV

It was currently almost an hour after dismissal time, and the five of us were  sitting together on our desks as we helped each other in our homework. Since the library was closed for a few months because it is currently under renovation, I decided that we could just do our assignments here at the classroom, for nobody was here anymore, and the school closes at exactly 6:00 PM. Right now, it's 4:44 PM, so we still have a lot of time left. Also, my parents are having dinner with their friends at home, and everyone else's were too far away, so we really had no choice but to stay here.

However, what happened next proved that this one decision I made was the worst one I could ever choose.

All of our bags were already fixed, Ash and I were arranging the chairs, while Clemont, Serena, and Bonnie were picking pieces of paper on the ground that accidentally fell when we were studying. After we were finished, I headed straight towards the door to open it, but stop abrubtly when the door didn't bulge - at all.

I freeze for a second, remembering how our teacher said that the door in this section sometimes doesn't open because it was broken. Up to this day, they still haven't fixed it yet. This is really not good. What's worse is that there's literally only one door on each room in this school.

"(Y/N)?" I suddenly heard Serena speak behind me. "What's wrong?"

I didn't know what to say. "You guys remember when our adviser said that this door was broken and sometimes doesn't open?" All four of them nodded slowly, confused. "Well.. it won't open."

Their eyes widen.

Seconds passed by.

Nobody said a word.

Until...

"WHAT?!" They all said at the same time.

I could feel the panic rising in me. And then I realized that it was 5:00 PM already, and that the school closes at exactly 6:00 PM. I took a very deep breath when the realization dawned upon me that there's a chance we won't be able to get out.

"Do you guys have a phone?" I asked them suddenly. "Mine's dead, and I don't have a charger."

"I don't have one yet," Bonnie.

"I left it at home," Ash.

"Mine's dead, too," Serena.

"I don't bring my phone at school," Clemont.

Okay, deep breaths, (Y/N).

"Okay, so," I start, my breaths becoming more shallow by the second. "We're trapped inside our classroom. The school's about to lock within an hour, and all our phones are not available. Can we panic now?"

"All right, (Y/N), calm down. We'll get out," Ash said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay."

"How?"

"Well... I don't know either,"

I try to open the door again, but because of my luck, it remained closed.

A few minutes later, it was already 5:19 PM, and we were yet to get out of here. We all sat down on the floor, our bags scattered, and me trying not to cry.

And just when I thought things couldn't get worse, it literally just did.

All of a sudden, from outside the classroom, I could hear faint footsteps that seem to be getting louder by the minute.

My heart pounded and I turned around, but realized that the door had no window - not even a small one.

"Oh my gosh," I mutter shakily. It was already 5:30, and there's a stranger outside.

"Why? What's going on?" Serena asked, alarmed.

I swallowed the lump that formed inside my throat. "I think there's someone outside," I managed to say. The footsteps were getting louder.

All their eyes widen and in the blink of an eye, all five of us were at the corner of the room, staring at the door.

The footsteps were so loud, and it was as if the person was behind the door already, trying to unlock it.

The knob of the door was turning ever so slightly.

All five of us held onto each other.

I closed my eyes.

...and opened it when I heard a familiar voice speak.

"What are you all doing?!"

Oh.

The janitor.

It was the janitor.

We were scared, frightened because of the janitor.

"Um, yeah, so," I stuttered, awkwardly walking towards my bag lying on the floor. A few seconds later, my friends got theirs, as well.

The janitor looked at us with a confused expression as slowly and very awkwardly left.

"Students are so weird, I swear," I hear him mutter to himself from inside.

After eating dinner, the five of us went home in complete silence, for once.

Next time, I swear I will never ever suggest to stay in our section's room.

I really don't want to have another classroom nightmare.

But I mean, as if school's not already a nightmare, anyway.

I LITERALLY have no idea why I wrote this. It just came to my head earlier at class, so, yeah... I hope it wasn't too bad!

On another note, the same thing actually happened to me when I was like in grade 2, I think? Basically, we got stuck inside one of the classroom of our school and it dismissal time and that classroom is located at the literal end of the school. We got out after someone opened the door from the outside because we couldn't open it. At all.

Yeah... I also nearly cried, I think...

ANYWAY, good day, everyone!