Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

Frank and Percy were the first to react, standing in front of Will and Nico to cover the view. Annabeth stood to help huddle around Will's body. Hazel stayed next to Nico, trying desperately to snap him out of denial. He said and did nothing.

Austin immediately demanded to see his brother's body, attempting with all his power to push the three out of the way. Kayla yelled at them as Nico finally looked up from his boyfriend's face and  looked up at the three's backs.

"Will's over here," Nico called out to the children of Apollo.

Everyone seemed to freeze for a moment before Austin pushed past the boys, leaving his brother's deteriorating body in full eyes view.

Kayla and Austin stood there for a few seconds before Kayla covered her mouth in horror, a sob escaping her lips. Austin seemed to snap out of his trance and pulled her into his arms.

Nico sighed for the millionth time at their reactions.

"He's not dead. Not permanently at least." Nico informed them with a slight nod.

This did not help.

Kayla cried louder, and Austin hugged her tighter, rubbing her back and seemingly holding back tears, his eyes never leaving his brother's body.

"No, I mean, he'll be back. Soon, you'll see."