Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Nico’s breath instantly caught in his throat, and he shot up, almost butting Hazel’s chin with the top of his head.

Nico’s eyes immediately flew to the corpse.

Hazel followed his eyes and gazed at her brother sadly. He was looking at Will with a newfound spark of hope in his eyes.

She tried gently to tell him that Will wasn't coming back, that it had been more than a week since will had left of the underworld, but Nico immediately silenced her by putting the palm of his hand on her mouth.

Hazel wanted to glare at Nico, but let it slide and pushed his arm away, looking at the rotting corpse, wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Seconds seemed to drag on in the form of hours, and nothing about the corpse had changed. Nico gasped suddenly, a watery smile forming on his face.

“Look! Hazel, look!” he exclaimed, shaking his sister. She let go if his hand and looked at the son of Apollo.

Nothing was changing.

Hazels immediate reaction was that her brothers mind was playing tricks on him again, but as she was about to confirm this verbally, Wills skin, or what was left of it, slowly began to gain back color.

Hazel blinked quite a few times, thinking as Wills skin slowly grew from decay that she was somehow hallucinating. However in the end rationality won out as she realized that Nico was the one that pointed it out, and each second, she could feel Wills life force grow from non-existent, to near death.

Slowly but surely, the pale boy began to return to his normal tan that he had acquired at the beginning of the summer.

His chest slowly began to rise and fall.

Bright blue dazed eyes met chocolate brown watery ones.

“Hey sunshine. What's got you down?”