26 - No More Waiting

Warning: Mature content. This is your smut warning. I'm finally giving the gays what they've been asking for. 

. . . . .

"It's getting pretty cold out," Niall remarked, twirling his spaghetti around on his fork and dragging it across the watery sauce on his plate. "We could dare someone to stand outside with their dick out for a certain amount of time, and that would do it. Goodbye, Mr. Dick."

"That would work," Liam allowed, nose scrunched at the thought. "But do we really need to have a dick freezing dare?"

"Yes!" Niall exclaimed, hands slamming onto the table as if to solidify his point. "I've put so much thought into it!"

"Do I even wanna know why?" Louis asked, quirking a brow and watching as Niall flapped around as though it were obvious.

"It needs to be done!" Niall insisted, wiggling his eyebrows. "It's a personal challenge!"

"I have a lot of questions, but I feel like I shouldn't ask," Louis said with a sigh. "Like why it's a personal challenge. Why you want someone to stand outside naked, or why you want someone's dick to freeze."

Niall's lips parted to answer and Louis held up a hand, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't even wanna know," Louis emphasized, smirking as he took a sip of his drink and catching a snickering Harry's eye.

"What about dry ice?" Niall asked, tilting his head to the side for a moment.

"What about it?" Zayn asked, already appearing alarmed, even without context.

"Dick freezing," Niall supplied through his mouthful of pasta as though it should have been obvious.

"The only thing that could make that worse is dry ice," Liam interjected, furrowing his brows and pointing his fork at the blond. "Absolutely not."

"I think Niall liked streaking too much," Harry offered, distracting Niall from defending his dry ice ideas to Zayn.

Louis snorted and Niall gaped, table rattling when Harry smacked his hand down on it as he cackled.

It was the first time they were hanging out since he'd asked the curly-haired boy out. It was the first time the pair hung out together—well, it was the first time they'd be hanging out since Harry had come to his room and they'd kissed for quite some time before the green-eyed boy had to go do his homework. Louis had homework too, but he hadn't been able to use that as a reason for Harry to leave. It was good Harry had said it, since Louis would've been happy staying cuddled up to Harry in his bed.

Louis had caught Harry's gaze on him countless times since they'd all met up for dinner, each time sending a rush of adrenaline to his head that rippled down his spine to the tips of his fingers and to the tip of his toes. It was strange to look at Harry and know that they were dating—to know that they'd kissed and would kiss again. It was strange to know that they had their own little secret that no one knew about, but that was fine because they knew. When he'd steal a glance across the table, Louis would catch giddy excitement dancing in green eyes accompanied by a flutter in his chest.

Everything was different, and Louis was okay with that.

Once finished their diner, Harry insisted on buying everyone ice cream as a dessert. Liam wanted chocolate, Zayn wanted mint pistachio, Niall asked for chocolate and vanilla swirl with cookie crunch, and Louis asked for plain old vanilla, which earned a teasing smile from Harry as he stood from the table.