Changing Winds

My throbbing head welcomed me back to reality. I recognized my room, but the lights were off and the curtains closed. The memories came flooding back to me, sending shivers down my spine. Why would he do something like that to me? It was a simple mistake. Pulling myself off the bed, I slowly made my way to the door. My feet groggily carried me down the many stairs, into the kitchen, where there sat Master. Something was off about him, the air seemed thinner, like I was at the peak of a mountain, and I was seconds away from falling.

"Hello, Sir," I said quietly. He glanced up from his paper, only, he didn't really acknowledge me.

"You should really change. I had given you lots of clothes. You smell like sweat." Taken aback by the remark, I shuffle out of the room, changing my outfit.

He wasn't in the kitchen when I returned, so I skipped breakfast to find him in his office.

Knock knock.

"Come in, Pet." Pet.

I didn't say anything. I didn't glance at the door to my left, where I passed out. He didn't look at me. He didn't say anything. I could hear his breathing grow heavy as I slowly made my way to his desk and sat down, across from him.

"I haven't taken you for a walk since I bought you, have I?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"No, Sir."

"Then, after I finish my work, I'll take you outside. It's been a while since I turned, anyway." For another hour or so, we sat in silence. His words repeated in my head. Turned? Oh God, he's gonna bite me. He might kill me. He might try to turn me.

"Come on, Pet." I hadn't even realized I had been lost in thought for so long. Taking out a leather leash from his desk, he hooked it around my collar and pulled me out the door.

《♧》

I could feel his breath on my skin, hear the air flow out his snout, see his long, coarse lift and drop as he heaved deep breaths. My eyes were frozen on the half-human. The transformation sounded and looked painful, as his bones cracked, his body growing and reshaping to create a monster.

He let out a low growl as he advanced on my leashed, helpless figure.

Sh-