Twelve - Family

Knowhere - Space

But the blast never came

But the blast never came. Instead, there was a faint pop! and they saw bubbles releasing from Peter's gun instead. The gun itself dissolved into bubbles too.

"Oh Daughter, you expect too much from him. But I like him." Thanos smiled smugly, fist clenched, Reality Stone activated. Then, blue replaced red as the Space Stone carried father and daughter away.

"AHHHH!" Envy had recovered from her shock - the light purple had gradually faded on her wrist, which was now back to its usual orange - and dove back to them in an attack, but missed them by mere moments. She went crashing to the ground as Thanos and Gamora disappeared, as did Sigyn, dropping from her frozen, levitated state. Her dagger, which had also been hanging in mid-air from where she had thrown it, fell with a clang! to the floor.

Drax and Mantis were slowly piecing back together while a shocked Peter knelt down and retrieved Gamora's broken sword. "I love you more than anything."

This was all that was left of her.

------------------------------

"Turn it back on!"

"NO!"

Peter chased after Drax who had turned off the music and stole his music player. "I'm screwed up man, I need to get back in the groove!"

"No!" Drax protested. "The music's not helping! We haven't even left Knowhere yet!"

This was true. The ship still sat parked where they had left it upon first arriving. Peter didn't have the mindset to try and fly it at the moment, nor do anything for that matter.

"It's my fault." All heads turned to Envy who had spoken for the first time since attacking Thanos. She had been staring down at her wrist again, the skin and veins of which had slowly but surely returned to their usual orange colour. "I was supposed to have Gamora's back, and I got distracted. One cannot afford to become distracted during a fight." She swallowed hard and looked down at the floor. "It's my fault she's gone."

--------------------------------

Sanctuary, Thanos's Domain - Space

"We have something to discuss, Little One. And I think you know what." Gamora jumped to her feet when Thanos entered the throne room. She stood tall to face her father.

"The Stones. That's all you ever cared about."

Thanos sat on the steps before his throne. "You're wrong. I have always cared, and deeply." He paused, heaving a heavy sigh. "And yet it seems that I am destined to lose all I care about: my people, my home, you, my family. Adonia." Gamora looked away. "You are not the only one who misses her dearly. I'm not the only one who wants to bring back your mother, Daughter."