Eighteen - My Love

The Soul World, the Soul Stone - Location Unknown

Thanos managed a smirk, despite the pain in his chest brought by the god's weapon, a pain that obviously creased his features

Thanos managed a smirk, despite the pain in his chest brought by the god's weapon, a pain that obviously creased his features. "You... Should have gone for the head-"

It was clear his words confused the Asgardian, that was, until he raised his hand baring the now full and completed Gauntlet, and snapped his fingers.

The God of Thunder's shout of "NO!" was drowned out by a deafening ring and everything was consumed by a bright, rainbow light as the Stones worked together to fulfill his command.

Immediately following, he found himself elsewhere, in an unfamiliar place. All it was was a vast orange landscape, stretching as far as the eye could see.

His arm was still raised in the snap, although he no longer wore the gauntlet. And reaching down to touch his chest, he found there was no wound left by the ax.

Was he dreaming?

This seemed to be an honest thought and possibility when he saw her, standing a distance from him, her small figure framed by one of the gates of her home world.

Slowly, he approached, afraid she would vanish. "Daughter?"

She stared up at him. "Did you do it?" A pause. "Did you do it?"

"Yes..."

There was a flash of sadness in her eyes, and obvious tears. "And, what did it cost?"

"Everything," he admitted.

She said nothing more, only continued to stare saddened up at him.

And suddenly, as if he had never been there at all, he was back on Earth, Thor before him, ax still buried in his chest.

The god was staring at him in disbelief. "What did you do?!" he demanded. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" This time it was a roar.

Thanos did not answer him. Thor was stunned enough to allow him a window of escape - Thanos himself barely had a moment to assess the result of the snap. Using the Space Stone he carried himself away, not sure where he was headed. The Stone knew where to take him, though, and so he let it carry him away.

There was another blinding flash, much like after his snap. When it faded, he found himself once again in the orange landscape, this time with the deep cut in his chest, and still wearing the Gauntlet, which was now cracked and broken. It was of little matter now, however, for it had served its purpose.

At least, some of its purpose.

The snap had occurred, just as he had promised for so long, and to the best of his knowledge, it had been successful. However, now that they had been reunited, the Stones had one more purpose to serve, their natural purpose, one which he had no control over but wanted to see succeed as much as his mission.

Now the landscape was absolutely bare, the Zen-Whoberi gate and Gamora were gone, leaving the landscape barren and empty, seemingly endless orange planes. He was alone.

He was not alone, for long, however.

There was a surging from his left arm, gaining his attention, all the Stones, reunited at long last, humming together in unison, glowing brighter and brighter.

Red. Orange. Purple. Green. Blue. Yellow.

Reality. Soul. Power. Time. Space. Mind.

All the essential elements of existence, coming together once again to reform their single, embodied soul, the Keeper of the Infinity Stones herself, Lady Infinity.

Up ahead, a swirl of coloured light was forming in response to the Stones glowing together in perfect unison. Perfect balance, one might even say.

Colours whipped around, forming what looked like a portal of some sort up ahead a ways. Then, slowly but surely, the outline of a figure appeared. A female figure, her hair and cape floating behind her.

His heart leapt, her name catching in his throat. Adonia. "My Love?"

There was a final burst of bright light and colour, almost too bright, and suddenly, there she was, before him, as bright and as brilliant and he remembered her to be, striding forward towards him, alive and well, arms outstretched towards him, welcoming him. Her eyes, lights themselves, glowed brightly as they fell upon him.

"Thanos, My Love. Did you miss me?" A smirk crawled up her lips.

(Happy 'Avengers: Endgame' everyone! :D At long last, it's finally here (just like Adonia ;)) So it's just a little tease, but there she is! ;) I know she barely appeared at all here, but she will be at the centre of the sequel, which will pick up right where we left off (and which I am starting right away! And don't worry, I'll put up appropriate spoiler warnings where there needs to be!)

Thank you so much for reading (and the 3000+ reads! :D) and, as always, I hope you enjoyed! :))