TFP Optimus x Human!Reader {Hey, Don't Cry...}

UNEDITED

(A/N): Obrigada, for requesting! I'm sorry, I forgot who requested this. If you did, comment and I'll tag you!
Also, I'm sorry this took so long. I have writers block and I got a random inspiration so here you go!
Reader gender: female
Prompt 81: Hey, don't cry...

No one realizes the weight Optimus carries, and how much it weighs him down. Being responsible for so many deaths of the innocent, all of the feelings he had bottled up for centuries come flooding through.

Optimus Prime was seen as a symbol of strength, power, wisdom, and everything in between. His words inspired many to fight for the Autobots, and inspired many to stay alive.
He traveled far and wide, soon landing on a seemingly forbidden planet named "Earth" by it's small inhabitants.

Though he loved Earth, it came with greater responsibility, and a greater weight.
He met the humans, he met you. But that was another responsibility.
Even more weight.
And then the Decepticons returned.
Even more.

Optimus felt as if he could shatter at any moment. Whether it be in battle, or alone, he knew he would break at some point. What saddened him more was no one noticed. Though, that is what he intended, he almost felt forgotten.
But, he could not worry his team. He couldn't let anyone know of his pain.

➴➶➴

He stalked through the halls, to the main room where the rest of his team stood.
Everyone seemed to be having a good time; Bulkhead and Wheeljack lobbing a metal ball with Miko cheering them on with Arcee and Bumblebee on the side lines. Jack, Raf, and you were having a video game tournament (Rafael seemed to be winning) as Smokescreen jumped and made sounds effects in the backround, as June and Agent Fowler shook their heads and laughed together. Even Ratchet and Ultra Magnus seemed to be enjoying their time on the data pads.

That was one of the only things that seemed to make Optimus happy; seeing others living a life of joyful bliss. Now, if only he could live in such peace, as they.
A small fragment of hope shone through, though. In his heart, not only did the hope of victory shine, but hope in physical form appeared for him. And that hope was standing right in front of him.

Quick glances in your direction turned into longing gazes, and a quick "How are you?" would become an hour long conversation that could barley be interrupted. He couldn't help that he was rendered speechless at the mere sight of you, he couldn't help how your sweet voice sent a shiver down his backstrut.
You're beautiful eyes astound him, even if it isn't a hue commonly seen in Cybertronians. You're human, and somehow, he fell for your beautiful character.

"Optimus, are you alright? You've been staring at her for quite some time," Ratchet rips Optimus from his trance. Ratchet nods over to you, a small smile gracing his face plates.
Optimus plays dumb, as he always does.
"I'm afraid I wasn't aware, Ratchet. I must have been dosing off."
"And I'm a Decepticon," Ratchet scoffs. "I know Prime. I've known you for how long now?"
Optimus doesn't get a chance to answer before Ratchet shouts, "6 million years! 6 million years and you think I don't know when you're trying to act flat out stupid, hmph!"
Optimus sighs, and breaks from Ratchet's optics. He wasn't about to lie to his oldest friend.
Ratchet sighs.

You look over to them as you walk to watch the newfound basketball tournament between bots, and you caught Optimus' optic. A quick smile and wave and you were on your way to sit on Arcee's shoulders, leaving Optimus with a starstruck grin.

"Prime, you're a great guy, but you need to know when to stand up. You've faced millions of 'Cons and you can't speak to one measly human, hah! C'mon, Orion. Think."
"I just... I'm not sure," Optimus wipes the grin from his face and slowly looks back to his friend. "I'm sceptical."

You and Arcee were having a—seemingly deep—conversation. You were smiling, with a light blush dusting your rosy cheeks. The shine in your eyes caused a pang in his spark.

"Prime, I'm not gonna push you," Ratchet sighs. "But think. Get her, before some other human gets her."
Optimus felt his Energon run cold at the thought, and could almost feel the weight piling on his shoulders. Ratchet pats Optimus' shoulder, and turns to find a seat by the others, data pad in servo.

➴➶➴

"Right! And how he walks, it's just—wow!", you fawn, and Arcee laughs at your over dramatic display of fanning your face.
"Of course! He's a total 'queen'! Humans say that, right?", Arcee asks sheepishly.
"Duh. But James is a sister. He literally INVENTED the sisterhood!", a fit of giggles bursts from your throat, urging Arcee to laugh again as well.
"Sister SHOOK!", Miko yells from the balcony, only to quickly begin shouting again as Bulkhead makes a point in their game of Basketball. Rafael laughs, but is cut off as his virtual car crashes into a wall.
"Oh, god!", he laughs.

Your phone dings in warning as its battery gets to 20%.
"Shoot, I have to plug this in...", you groan. "Is there anywhere I can plug this in?"
Arcee hums. "Oh, yeah. There's a power room down the hall. Take a right, then left, and go straight. It's the 4th door to your left. There oughta be a plug in there."
"Alright, thank you, Arcee!"
She simply nods in response, a common practice by her.

Walking down the halls, you follow Arcee's directions. It was relatively easy to follow, considering these follow the direction's to Optimus' berth room.
You passed by the room, Optimus' room. It had a simple plate on the front with his name engraved into it, nothing extravagant. He had always been a simple mech, at least since you've known him. The stoic kind had never been your type, well, maybe until they were suddenly hot giant robots fighting to protect you at any cost.

The overwhelming thing you felt for him messed with you. From the intelligent conversations you're able to hold with him, to the small smiles and waves that made your day. He seemed as if he could never be beaten down, no matter how many battles were fought upon his home and mind.

The smile upon your face was quickly washed away like the tide, as a quiet cry is heard from within the room. A burst of panic sparked within you, and you rushed to open the human-sized door placed next to the original door. The door swung open, and you froze.
Optimus sat at his desk on the far right wall, with his helm in his servo as he cried quietly. A blue puddle formed on the desk, a visible ocean of pain and sorrow. He jumped as turned to see who entered, and his optics widened slightly.

"Optimus... what—", you began to say.
"I'm sorry...", he interrupted. "You shouldn't have to see me like this."
You began to take slow steps towards him.
"Optimus... what happened?" You had always been awkward when consoling people, it was never your strong suit. All you could ever do was let them vent and hold them, but holding a giant alien robot would be a bit problematic.

Optimus began to speak, "It's nothing to worry about," he tries his hand at a weak smile, ignoring his vocal cracks.
"Like shit it isn't," You sighed, stepping onto his outstretched servo. He turns away, a silent tear slipping down his face plates.
"Hey, don't cry..." you pleaded.

Not knowing what to do, you awkwardly wrapped your arms around his neck cables. He gently rested s servo on your back, and let loose what he had been holding back. His sobs echoed in the berth room. Optimus sniffs, and holds you tighter.

Optimus vowed to protect you at all costs, including his own life, because Primus forbid, you ever felt the weight he felt.