Chapter 1: Ambushed

//Sooo sorry for the delay x.x please excuse an errors ....the picture is Reyn. (: Vote. Comment. Thanks. 

My hands gripped the reins hard as I road out of Tenebris. The streets were vacant and the gates opened at my will to allow me to exit. The sound of hoofs echoed for miles as I continued through the forests, along the path to Hominum. I hadn't had fresh blood in a while and I was getting tired of pre packaged blood bags in the castle. Sure, I was allowed fresh blood but I could only take but so much from the humans at one time. For if they died, the vampires would starve. I stopped just in the forests of Hominum to tie my horse to a tree. A rubbed her muzzle, calming her down. I didn't normally venture out alone. It could be dangerous but I was even more deadly. I knew Alistair would be looking for me, still upholding my father's promise from all those years ago. But, I was 24 now, old enough to do for myself and I already had Tenebris under my thumb. Next the faeries, humans and werewolves. The faeries were surprisingly stubborn but I felt they'd cave soon. The wolves were the hardest and humans wavered between the two. Who knew creatures with so little power would put up such a fight. I expected an immediate surrender. I pulled my cloak close, getting cold as I made my way onto a small path into the market place. The moon shone high in the sky, lighting up the night. It was quiet with only the soft sounds of my feet heels against the ground. Normally bare when I was younger, I chose to cloth them now not wanting to deal with blisters any longer. Sure, they'd heal quickly but a queen must always look her best. I finally reached the market place, flashes of the past came back to me as I remembered my first hunting trip here. The night I saw the smoke rising up from Solis. I shivered, pushing such thoughts away. I rounded a corner, the place seemed oddly vacant. Usually there would be some commotion about, giving a lot of that had stopped when my armies came to seize the place but there would still be few humans out. Tonight there were none. I rose a brow and turned another corner and smiled as I picked up the sounds of footsteps. A few men had just left a bar and a woman headed into a shop. Here they are. I began trailing the men, putting my hood on to hide my face. People recognized me all too well. I followed them down the street, watching as they stumbled and talked amongst each other. Until suddenly I smelled something off about them. Among the strong alcohol smell, I took in a hint of dog stench. Wolves? My steps began to falter as I let them round a corner. I heard the rustling of trees nearby and then without warning I was jumped upon. I slammed into the ground, gritting my teeth as my jaw collided with the hard ground. I must have not seen them jump from the trees. "Don't move, vampiress." A beautiful voice like silk hissed. It reminded me of the faes and I furrowed my eyebrows. The woman wasn't a faerie though. She smelled too much of wolf and something else.. Just then my intuition caught my attention. My body began to tingle everywhere her skin touched mine. Her knees was against my back and she struggled to hold my hands behind me. The feeling was odd, spreading through me slowly. It was warm and light. Like magic. But this woman smelled like a werewolf. Why would I sense magic about her? I hissed and got up abruptly to throw her off of me. I had to have a look at her. I watched as she landed against a building, making a dent in the wall. She growled and lunged at me. But I reached out a hand to stop her movements in the air. I was staring hard at her aura, studying it. It was different. I had never seen anything like it. Most wolves had a deep blue aura but hers was a pale blue with white edges. It was beautiful. My eyes swept her figure. She was dressed in animals skins, a tiny skirt and top. Her midriff was visible. She wore almost knee-high brown boots. She had long blonde hair that stopped just passed her shoulder blades. I noticed a bow and arrow on her back. Her green eyes darted every which way, probably wondering why she was floating. I was taken aback, she was a very beautiful wolf. Almost elegant and alluring somehow. She had a light about her I didn't understand. Most wolves were not so. I released her and stepped out of the way as she tumbled onto the ground. "You think you can kill me?" I smirked, watching her get to her feet. "I can try." She growled and moved to grab her bow and arrow. "But you'll fail." I dug my claws into my skin to unleash my blood magic. The bodily fluids took the form of a sword and I smirked, holding the weapon up to deflect the arrow that shot in my direction. She released another and again I dodged it. I inched closer, dodging them all until I hit her bow and arrow away from her. I dropped my weapon that fell in a puddle of blood at our feet. My hands grabbed her shoulders and she gasped, my hood had fallen in the tiny fray. "The vampire queen.." She whispered. I nodded. "Seems like you've bitten off more than you can chew, huh, little wolf?" I smirked, pressing my index finger against her forehead and she fell. I caught her in my arms and proceeded to take her back to my horse. I had to know more about this woman. That magic I sensed.. could it be she was half white witch like myself? And if she was, had she lost her family as well in Solis. I had so many questions to ask her.. and she would answer. I hoisted her onto my horse first followed by myself and snapped the reins. The horse shot forward and as it did, I cast a portal to my home out, willing the horse to jump through. It closed almost instantly. Alistair stood on the castle steps waiting for me. "I hope you had a good hunt, my queen."