The First Talk

I looked up at the flaming dorm building in aw. All my stuff, all my school work, and my mirror up in flames. I looked around at all the people, some were crying and shoving people out the ways saying that people were still in there. Others stood there not knowing how to react to the whole situation, while their friends ran up and hug them tightly.

Me, Wen Junhui on the other hand, was just sitting on the fountain wondering and worrying in my head about how Minghao was doing. If he got out safely.

I don't know what got into me, but a tear started to roll down my cheeks the more I think of Minghao. At this point, I was just thinking of the worst, that he was burned alive and I would never be able to see him again. I stood up yelling at myself, in my head, that I was wrong that he was going to be perfectly fine. No problem. But even then. This was so weird for me too, I am not used to being overly negative at all. My saying is "Nothing can beat positivity and my looks" and I stuck to that saying for almost my whole life.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to stop crying but just couldn't seem to do that. Suddenly I felt someone bump into me as I was standing up looking down at the floor. I said sorry for bumping into them and was about to walk away from them. But while I was walking away I glanced up so I can turn away from the building and I caught a glimpse of a band shirt.

I only knew some people that would wear a shirt like that and only one of them lived in this building. I slowly raised my head and looked at the person that I had bumped into. My eyes were about to pop out of my eyes sockets, and my mouth was touching the floor when I saw who it was that I bumped into.

"Minghao!!!" I yelled with a huge smile. There he was, standing right in front of me with his signature plain face. He was rubbing the back of his neck when I had suddenly yelled that out.

"Hi," He said awkwardly, looking around at the few people who turned to look at us when I yelled his name.

He brought a smile to my face and I couldn't help but hug him. And of course like I had imagined, he was super uncomfortable with this sign of affection. He was frozen in place and didn't know where to place his hands. I let him go before I scared this little emo boy away.

"I'm so glad you are ok," I said smiling from ear to ear. Not to mention this during such a bad time but, he is shorter than he looks, I guess I just assumed that he was going to be a little bit taller since he has such long and skinny limbs. He is just about my height and I would say that I am pretty average. Then again he is 2 years younger, so he still has some time to grow.

"Yeah, I guess." His reply's we're short and monotone, I guess I had expected that from him. But even if his voice was monotone it sounded so cute and lovable. My inner grandma might come out and pinch his cheeks till they bleed. Of course, I wouldn't do that though, I can't act old. That is just how the saying goes, you act old you will end up looking old, if you act young then you will forever be youthful.

Even though he showed no emotions on his face, we have been window buddies for a month now and I started to see the patterns. The patterns on what he was actually feeling when saying these stuff. He might look like he doesn't care and all but trust me 99% of the time he does care.

Like right now, he looked like he could care less about the dorm burning down in flames (which I think is pretty badass) but in his eyes, it tells me a whole different story.

"Are you sad that you had to abandon your collections," I said looking at him and placed my hand on his shoulder. He looked at my hand and looked back at me, his position started to slouch a little.

I continued to look at him in why he was slouching all of a sudden, once I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Um.... before that could you.... not touch my shoulder."

"Why," I asked tilting my head.

"Cause....." He says looking back and forth from my face to my hands.

"Cause what," I said still not understanding, the thing he is trying to tell me.

"I feel uncomfortable about the contact." Minghao finally spits out. But even though he said it with some kind of annoyance he still kept his relatively emotionless face.

"Oh sorry, I didn't notice," I said as I removed my hand from his shoulders quickly.

"You didn't notice???" He said raising an eyebrow at me, mostly thinking that I did notice I just was playing dumb.

"No, you didn't tell me until now," I told him straight out.

"But I was clearly showing that I was uncomfortable. You didn't get it?" He said

"No sorry," I said bringing my two hands together and apologizing

"Oh well." He said finally letting the subject go. I don't get people, why can't they just tell people what they are feeling instead of showing some misleading gestures. How in the world would I know that he was uncomfortable?

"Oh my god... I just noticed something. " I said just thinking about the conversation we had. Speaking!!!!

"What," He said not knowing what I was trying to get at.

"This is our very first conversation, like talking to each other," I said with a huge smile.

"It is." He agreed after he thought back about it. I guess it was a second thought for both of us. Then again it is a huge step forward, from just reading each other's messages through a window. We can definitely become close friends, I can just see it.

I wanted to continue talking more to him but the dorm manager interrupted us and told us to stand by year order. So me and Minghao were separated. As I smiled at him, he nodded and we parted our ways so the college can tell us why is going to happen now.