Chapter 28 Preparations

Ellaria looked at the mirror; she could no longer see herself the same way. She began pounding on the mirror in anger; it felt like her whole life is a lie.  It felt like she was a whole different person, Athena was so different from her past self. Ellaria was polite and graceful while Athena was not. The mirror shattered as she kept on pounding on it, it shattered around her cutting her hands. Fresh blood covering her hands but she does not care.

‘’Who am I?!’’ she yelled as she sobbed finally stopping pounding on the mirror, she let herself fall into the ground. She sat on her knees holding her head, fresh memories started coming in.

‘’How may I serve you my lady?’’ haldir bowed to her.

‘’She has her father’s eyes’’ Galadriel muttered as she looked at her eyes.

‘’Ellaria!’’ she remembered as Estel embraced her and twirled her around.

All these memories was driving her crazy, her head ached.

‘’please make it stop’’ she pleaded to no one in particular, faces kept on popping into her mind. The elves in Lothlorien who greeted her and the ones she met in Mirkwood.  She clutched her head and buried her face into her knees, she wanted to go home. She wanted to see her mother, her grandparents and Haldir.

She wanted to shot and scream in pain but she cannot, she can only cry out in pain. The blood was smearing on her face but she does not care, she heard someone came in.

Legolas upon seeing her in the ground ran to her, she looked up to see him in pain as well. It pained him to see her hurt but he cannot do anything about it, he crouched down into her height.

‘’Please make it stop, the memories. I cannot handle it’’ she pleaded; Legolas placed his hands in her shoulder and placed her in his chest. He held her head and embraced her close.

‘’I thought I could handle it, but it’s breaking me Legolas. I just can’t, I want to go home’’ she said hysterically, how long was she gone from home? 30 years?

‘’I’ll bring you home after all of this alright?’’ he promised while wiping all of her tears away. He pulled away from her to look at her hands.

‘’What have you done’’ he muttered while inspecting her hands, there was little pieces of glass left in her hands. She winced as he carefully removed them.

‘’Out of all things I chose a mirror, remind me to find something less painful’’ she playfully said , somehow being with Legolas made her feel better. It doesn’t matter what difficulty she face, as long as he’s with here she can go through it all. He chuckled at what she said, they smiled at one another.

‘’remember when we were children? You would beg me to play with you?’’

‘’ Yeah I do, you were so different back then. You were shy and reserved, now well quite the opposite actually’’ he said while tearing a part of his cloak, Ellaria watched as he slowly wrapped her wounded hands. She silently scolded herself for such a stupid behavior but at the time she wasn’t thinking clearly.

‘’You were so adorable back then, you tried so hard to look intimidating ‘’ she laughed as she remembered the young Legolas pouting at her. his eyes narrowed as he realized that she was making fun of him.

‘’At least I wasn’t a grumpy old lady back then’’ he said and Athena stopped laughing.

‘’Who are you calling old?’’ she said as her eyebrow rose. She tackled Legolas and both of them fell in the ground. They both laughed at their silliness, she was about to stand up when Legolas pulled her back. She ended up falling into his chest; he placed his arms around her keeping her from moving.