Chapter 41 Escape

They all waited for days for her to wake up, then days turned to weeks then weeks turned to months. The only indications that she was still living was her labored breaths, though she looked peaceful and at rest Gandalf and Lady Galadriel say it was the opposite. They said that she was suffering as times goes by, the poison was in effect and it was spreading throughout Ellaria’s body. The venom was too much that they cannot drain it as it would cause Ellaria to die from blood loss. Hopeless they all were, they could not do anything.

The decision was hard to make, but Lady Ester had decided that it was better if they could relive her of the pain and end her suffering .Many protested against Lady Ester’s decision, the most prominent one was Legolas and Eomer. It was decided that it must be done with less pain as possible; it will be done with a deep stab through her heart.

There were conflicts on who would do it but Lady Galadriel decided it must be Legolas, as she knew that Ellaria would want Legolas to be the one to do it. When the time came, all left the room leaving Legolas and Ellaria alone. Legolas stroked her hair and hands and kissed her forehead, while holding a sword with right hand. He rose from his seat and held the sword above her, he was shaking and soon enough tears came rolling down his cheeks. He tried to bring the sword down to her heart but he was unable to. He threw the sword across the room and held Ellaria in his arms. He held unto her tightly immersing himnself with her scent, and what he did next was surprising even to him. He braced himself and lifted Ellaria, he knew that if she was left in this room that they will surely follow with the plan and he didn’t want that.

He went to the window nearby and leaped out from there, it was raining and soon enough they were both drenched.

‘’Hang on Ellaria’’ he muttered, he stopped midway as he caught sight of familiar faces from afar. Aragorn and Gimli , they ran towards him and Legolas walked backwards. He could not run fearing that Ellaria might slip out of his hold, he looked at her as he heard her labored breathings. He looked back at his friends that were near her, Aragorn and Gimli looked at him with shock at first then with understanding.

‘’Come my friend, I knew a place we can go to’’ Aragorn said while offering to carry Ellaria but Legolas refused. Sighing, Aragorn lead them to a secluded little house while Gimli was looking around making sure that none saw any of them.

They made a small bed that she could lay in; it was made of linens that they had collected from the abandoned house. GImli and Aragon sat beside Legolas as the elf gently placed some crumbs of Lembas bread on Ellaria’s mouth, the food was soft enough for her to take in without needing to chew.

‘’What are we going to do now?’’ Gimli asked as he was about to smoke a pipe but was shot down by Aragorn, sighing GImli threw his pipe far away and looked at his friends disapprovingly He did not approve of what they did but he did understood them. He would have done the same thing if it were someone that he loved.

‘’We’ll continue giving her Athelas’ leaves that were boiled in water; there is still a chance that it will fight the poison’’ Aragorn said as he continue crushing Athelas leaves and placing them in the boiling water.

‘’Lady Gadriel didn’t think that there is a chance, so why would you think that there is a chance of her surviving?’’ GImli grumbled earning a glare from the elf.

‘’Listen I love Ellaria as a sister, but she is suffering Legolas. It is a very small chance that she will recover and prolonger her days will bring her more pain’’ Gimli explaines, Aragorn was about to speak when Gandalf and Eowyn came in. They were both carrying fresh clothes and more leaves for Ellaria. All of them turned around as Eowyn changed Ellaria out of her clothes and changed her binding on her stomach. It was no longer bleeding anymore which was a good sign; the only threat was removing the poison from her body which can only be done by consumption of Athela’s leaves as draining the wound would cause too much blood loss.

Gandalf told all of them that the final battle would be soon upon them and they were all needed, he also informed them that Eowyn would stay with Ellaria while everyone was gone. Legolas was thankful to all of them and even to Gimli who finally agreed to help with their plan. There is hope, as long as her heart still beating they will never give up.

‘’How about Lady Ester?’’ Eowyn asked worried, the wizard smiled at her signaling that he has everything under control.

‘’I know what I have to do’’ he simply said without revealing any of his plans, everyone shrugged it off. They trusted the wizard and knew that Gandalf will not fail them.

They sat around Ellaria talking about their memories with her, they laughed with Gimli ended up crying at the end. He was always been harsh with her but he did like the lass, he regrets not treating her properly. Gandalf reassured him that Ellaria was listening to all of them and that she was probably happy hearing them all laugh.

They spent days at the house until it was time for all of them to go , Eoywn bid them all goodbye and assured them that she will take care of Ellaria. They gave the elf some time to talk to Ellaria before he goes. They returned to the army that was preparing for battle and reunited with them to end the reign of the dark lord Sauron. They will fight bravely with Ellaria on their minds.