Chapter 31: Life of Eldar

Legolas stroked Ellaria's cheeks as she slept peacefully, she had gushes , bruises and cuts all over body. Legolas took a piece of cloth and dipped it in the water, he squeezed lightly to remove the excess water. He gently wiped the dirt on her face and cleansed her wounds. Ellaria started stirring in her sleep, Legolas stopped for a moment not wanting to interrupt her rest. He grinned as she smiled with Blissfulness as she slept, he felt that he's falling further in love with her and it made him shiver but in a good way . Somehow the thought of loving someone had scared him before, it was scary but now that he experienced it it was exciting. The small knots he felt whenever Ellaria smiled at him and how his heart beats go wild whenever she touched him. It was intoxicating, Legolas thought it was harder to not think about her every moment than fighting hundreds of orks. He wanted to be with her every moment in his life and it is slowly driving him crazy.

There is no remedy for love but to love more. He thought it was ridiculous whenever his father tell him those words, he remembered the countless of times he had caught his Ada and Naneth holding each other and it always seemed weird to him. Now he understood everything,falling in love with Ellaria had took hiim by surprise. Love sure work in mysterious ways, you really don’t know with whom you will fall in love with. But it didn't matter, his happy that his heart had chose her.

He stood up and with a last glance he left the room , she needed rest and he did not want to wake her up. He was walking by himself looking around when he saw Aragorn running to catch up to him, he stopped walking and waited for Aragorn to come closer to him.

''How is she?'' he asked

''She's resting, her leg is healing slowly but she will be alright'' Legolas explained

''There is something wrong Legolas and you know that, her legs are not healing fast like it should. She's weaker and her reflexes were not the same''

''There is nothing to be worried about Aragorn'' he said intently walking away.

''Legolas, the life of Eldar  is leaving her slowly'' 

…................................................................................................................................................................................

Ellaria sat still as her mother braided her hair, they were laughing as they recall the past. There was a celebration that is going to be held tonight, a celebration for their victory.

''How did you meet ?'' she mumbled as her mother worked with her hair, it felt like they were never separated.

''It was not simple actually, when I was young I was betrothed to Thranduil'' Ellaria turned to her mother in shock.

''Thandruil, Legolas' father?'' she asked curiously and her mother chuckled at her eagerness to know.

''Yes, but I ran away at the day of the wedding'' her mother said with a smile as she finished braiding her hair, she took her hand and stroked it. Ellaria could not believe that her mother did that when she was young, all her life she had thought that her mother was polite and obedient and would never ever do something like that. Her mother stood and went to the window reminiscing the past.

'' Thranduil actually helped me escape, at that time he was already in love with an elf named Lirah and ended up marrying her that day. I ran away and hid , I spent weeks moving around. I found a small village and that's where I found your father, we didn't love each other instantly but somehow I knew that there is something about him that drew me in. He was a prince , fair and mighty. At first , your grandmother objected , of course he was a mortal. It did not seem bad at first, we were so blind in love that we didn't care. As times go by, your father slowly aged as I stayed younger. It did not matter to me, I still loved him even if he's hair were turning gray. We had you and everything was perfect, until that day. The last alliance among men and elves, he was there and he was slayed by a nazgul.'' Ellaria watched as her mother clutched her dress tightly, she was still not over her father and Ellaria think she will never be. She stood and embraced her mother from behind.

''I cannot wait to go home with you Naneth'' she uttered holding her mother close. Her mother turned to her and held her face in her hands.

''We cannot go home , it is not safe anymore. We will travel back to Rivendell where Arwen is , there is a ship waiting for us.''

Maybe for the young Ellaria the idea will not be so bad but now the idea doesn't appeal to her much. Now she was not just Ellaria, she was Athena too. She cannot just leave in the middle of the war , the idea seems to selfish for her. She was not just an elf she was part human too, she knew Legolas will not go either as he is dead set on fighting until the end and she wanted it too.

''Can we go later Naneth? I do not feel so well right now to travel'' she lied, she didn't want to leave yet. She was disappointed that she could not visit her home one last time, she missed Lothlorien so much.

Their attention was caught by a light knock on the door, it opened to reveal her other elderly parents. She jumped in excitement, she ran to the door and drag her elderly parents to her Naneth. She had forgiven them long time ago and was excited that they would meet her Naneth.

''Naneth, I would like you to meet Mother Edith and Father Arthur. They took care of me ever since I was little'' she said happily, the elderly bowed slightly to her mother.

''You do not have to bow to me'' Ester said as she dismissed the elderly from bowing, she placed her hands over hers. She did not know much about what happened as Ellaria did not tell her much but she was grateful for them that they took her in.

''Thank you so much for taking care of my daughter'' she said as she bowed lightly to them, the elderly couple was shy and both blushed as they were astonished with the elf's beauty.

''Now we know where she got her beauty'' Arthur joked and they all laughed together. Ellaria excused herself and let them spend time together. She planned to take her elderly parents to Lothlorien but since that she cannot go home maybe she will bring them to Rivendell instead, she wanted them safe.

She was walking silently looking around, she wondered where Legolas went. She wobbled as she walk her leg not entirely healed, it was weird how it was not healed yet. An elf will normally would have healed by now, could it be? No, she thought there was no way she haven't made the choice yet. There was a growing fear in her heart, she recalled when she bound herself to Theodred that her body changed. She healed slower and even got sick for the first time, if she turned mortal she did not mind before but now as Ellaria she did. Legolas and her mother was the most important in her life, she does not want to be ever separated with both of them. She saw how her mother mourned when her father died and she never wanted to put her through the pain once again.

Her legs started throbbing but she ignored it, she started walking faster. Her calmness was now gone, that cannot be true. She cannot be turning human, her vision started getting weak. There was something happening but she could not tell why. It felt that her body was changing, she looked at her hands her body looked the same. She fell into the ground, there was no one around to help her. She saw a light leaving from her body, she heard footsteps coming closer to her.

Her mother ran to her asking her if she was fine.

''Your hands are cold very cold'' her mother uttered as she inspected her.

''what have you done Ellaria'' her mother said as her expression turned sour, Ellaria looked around and she saw Legolas , Aragon Gimli, her parents and Tauriel crowding around her.

''The life of Eldar has left her and she's a mortal now'' Tauriel said what everybody was thinking but was too coward to do so, Everyone looked away even Legolas.

Ellaria tried to kept her tears in but failed to do so, she sobbed to her mother who comforted her.