::삼십삼::

[20 September 2017]

"miss manoban your meeting scheduled with GRYFYYN CORPS is in twenty minutes."

my secretary informed me, while walking next to me. i nodded as i walked into the lift with her.

as the elevator reached the fourty fifth floor, it let out a loud ding before opening the doors. i walked briskly to a set of wooden doors and pushed it open to see a group of people sitting on a side of the conference table. as the room hushed, i motioned for my team to sit down on the other side of the table beside me. as i looked up to face the person opposite me, i let out an inaudible gasp as i made eye contact with a guy smiling widely at me.

"bambam??"

he waved to me as a greeting and took a peek at the glass panel infront of me. he raised a suspicious eyebrow at me before lowering his voice to speak to me in thai, "so thats where you have gone... seriously lisa? lucy manoban? you look nothing like her! that woman doesnt even make decent eye contact with people at award shows!"

i chuckled nervously as i saw my secretary giving me a confused expression. i shook my head subtly while glaring at bambam. i think he got the message because he turned his attention to the printed powerpoint slides in the file infront of him, flipping aimlessly through the pages.

i straightened my blazer as i stood up and walked towards the podium. just as i cleared my throat to begin my idea sharing with GRYFYYN and my team, the door burst open to reveal a dishevelled man. i widened my eyes at him.

"fuck i totally forgot about jeon."

i heard bambam whisper under his breath. i turned to glare at bambam. he smiled sheepishly and raised his hands in a surrendering gesture. forcing a smile, i motioned for him to take his seat beside bambam. he seemed to snap out of his trance and apologised to all of the people sitting around the table as he was making his way next to bambam.

i took in a deep breath before starting my presentation. everyone was surprisingly responsive and throwing ideas out for discussion. i could feel his intense stare directed straight at me but i refused to even spare him a glance.

i hurried out of the meeting room as soon as the discussion wrapped up. my secretary barely kept up with me as i bolted down the corridor towards the lift. i was jabbing repeatedly at the lift button. just as the lift arrived, a voice shouted.

" miss manoban ! you left your file behind ! "

i whipped my head around to see him running towards me. i panicked internally and froze on the spot. when he reached me, he held out the file to me. i took it while giving him an awkward smile. i thanked him, avoiding eye contact.

we stepped into the lift together. the lift ride seemed longer than usual. i was suffocating in the silence until my secretary decided to break silence.

" so mr jeon i heard you just returned to korea specifically for this meeting. "

i turned to my secretary, confused. from what i remember bts was having a world tour right now. which also happened to be why i chose the fashion show to be in this week. i then looked at him, waiting for his response.

he chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck.

" well i just reached seoul one hour before the start of the meeting so i was a little late. and yes, my group is currently on tour but we have a short break before our next concert in manila. bambam invited me so i thought why not. i really didnt expect the host of the fashion show to be miss manoban. "

i smile in reply and turn towards the doors as the lift approaches ground floor. we walked to the front doors of the building where my chaffeur was waiting. as i walk towards the door, he rushed forward and opened the door before i did. i widened my eyes and recoiled in shock. he was gesturing for me to enter the car. i moved forward to hit him on his shoulder.

" are you crazy ? youre an idol ! what if the press sees this ? what will happen then ? "

he remained at the spot where he was, not moving. i sigh and step into the car. he smiles and closes the door.

" have a nice day lisa. "

with that, the car drove off.

only when the car stopped at the traffic junction, i realised he had called me by my real name.

was i that obvious?