The Method to the Madness of Pulling Pigtails

NOTE: Turning your reader to dark mode will make the new dividers look better.

- Bunny

‘Oh this is bad

‘Oh this is bad.’

I lifted my teacup to my lips and peered over the rim to my left at the blonde that was leaking an aura damp enough to farm mushrooms in, then I looked across the table at the brunette all but draped over a stone-faced Mama.

'Not good at all.’

It's been three weeks since Aaron Alexander blew into this household and he's shown no inclination to blow back out

It might not be obvious to others, but it certainly is to me: Mama is at the end of his patience. I don't blame him either; this boy, Aaron, could provoke a saint to swear a blue streak. In the time he's been here, he's made blatant advances ranging from levels of ‘annoying’ to ‘where-did-someone-your-age-learn-that???’.

Seriously! Isn't he the same age as Mama right now? He's eleven right? Well he's flirting like any delinquent you'd find in the seedier parts of Tokyo! I believe he's being purposely infuriating to incite a reaction from Mama too, but Mama is far too cool to explode at him just like that. In response the brunette has upped his game to a godlike level of obnoxious.

It's pretty awe inspiring the way Mama still somehow manages to stay cool for three weeks though.

Well… at least on the outside.

I've known my own mother for two lifetimes, fortunately, and I can pretty much identify his true feelings even through the ice mask.

I watched, cringing, as Aaron made some openly cheesy compliment about Mama's eyes and was rewarded with what would look like a quick smile to the unknowing but looked more like post mortem spasming to me. It was tight at the corners and entirely mirthless.

If Aaron picked up on Mama's annoyance at all, I don't know, but as I sat there in reluctant amusement watching the car crash before me, I couldn't help but be wary of the ticking time bomb beside me. This side of the breakfast table is tense.