Chapter 9.

I was washing the paint off my hands as John stood next to me washing his.

"I have something for you." He said drying his hands. I looked at him curiously.

"Should I be worried?"

He laughed and shook his head. "No."

The bell rang. I noticed he took the last napkin. I groaned and wiped my hands on my pants. I walked over to my seat and grabbed my bag. He was sitting in my chair smiling at me, chewing his gum loudly.

"Shouldn't you be off sucking face and swallowing tongues or something?"

"Wouldn't ye like to know. She can wait. I told ye I got something for ya."

We were in the room alone now. The teacher walked out to another room since classes were over.

"What Lennon?"

He leaned up and kissed me. I blinked and pulled back.

"What the hell John!?"

"What?"

"What was that for??"

"Did you not want it?"

"N..no." I said looking at him. He could see it in my eyes though. I sighed and shook my head. "You can't just kiss me John. You said yourself it was a mis..."

He kissed me again and pulled back.

"...a mistake and you regre..."

He kissed me again. I pulled away.

"..Regret it."

He smirked and shook his head.

"Can ye shut up for once?"

I bit my lip as he stood up and took my face into his hands and kissed me. I found myself kissing him back. I pulled away and shook my head.

"No John. We can't."

"Why not? You're mine."

I looked at him and pulled my bag over my shoulder. He watched me as I turned on my heel and stormed out of the classroom. Stupid Lennon. First he tells me he regrets kissing me and then three hours later, he's kissing me like nothing happened.

You're mine. What the hell is that supposed to mean?? Who does he think he is? He's messing with the wrong girl if he thinks he can just use me.

I walked down the steps and saw Cyn waiting for John. She just glared at me as I passed her. If she only knew. I walked to my car and got inside. It wasn't until I started the vehicle I realised I was now chewing gum.

...

When I got home, I saw Phil on the couch, watching tv. I looked at the clock confused.

"What the...why are you here?"

"Hello to you too Luce." I said turning the volume down. I sighed.

"Sorry Phil. Just had a stressful day."

"Tell me about it."

I smiled. "So why are you here so early?"

"Mums packing."

"Oh. She leaving already? Your nerdy charm wasn't good enough?"

"Nah. She's leaving me for a student. I think it's her pathetic way of wanting to stay young." He shrugged. I laughed as my mom walked in.

"Phil!" She crossed her arms.

"Why are you packing??" I asked her.

"I'm leaving Phil for a student."

I smiled and shook my head. "You wish mom. What's really going on?"

"Fine. It was bound to come out sooner or later. Me and your mum are abandoning ye. Going off to Paris to live a life of love and passion."

"Come on." I said staring at them. He laughed.

"Fine. Me and your mum are off on a trip. Certain college courses are off to America. New York to be exact." He smiled.

"Aww. Can I come?" I asked pouting.

"Tough luck love." He smirked getting up and leaving the room.

"How long are you going to be gone??"

"Until next Wednesday." Mom said.

"What!? How will I eat??"

She laughed. "There's quite enough food in the icebox. You'll survive."

"Can I please come?" I asked. I really meant it. I missed Brooklyn.

"I'm sorry honey. Students only."

"I'm a student."

"At the University."

I pouted and sighed. "Fine."

"Aye Liz where's my tie!?"

"We'll talk at dinner." She said running upstairs. I watched her and made my way to my room.

A whole week on my own. I was a bit excited to be honest. I have my own vehicle. My own place. Temporarily that is. I smiled to myself and laid in bed.

John popped in my mind. Why was he always in my thoughts?? And why did he kiss me? He probably just felt guilty. Yeah. That's it.

.....

It was two in the morning as I drove home from the airport. Phil and mom were off on their way to New York, leaving me behind.

I walked in the front door and made my way upstairs. I'll shower in the morning. I yawned and undressed, laying in bed. It was quiet. Too quiet.

I pulled the covers off and put the radio on. A slow song was playing as I laid back. John popped in my mind.

He was so difficult. He always confused me. He liked me. He kisses me. He tells me i'm his. But he's made it clear he's with Cynthia. Does he understand I have feelings too??

I remembered his kiss. It felt good. The way his lips brushed against mine. How our tongues moved with each others. How he tasted. One thing I was sure of. I hated John Lennon.

....