Chapter 103.

Five Day's Later

August 17, 1964

I know the guys don't arrive in San Francisco until tomorrow but, I decided to have a little time to myself and do some sight seeing. I was going to miss Andrew a hell of a lot. He was the only person that kept me sane. I promised to send him a postcard from every place I went.

I managed to take pictures, go to the beach and collect more sand. California, 1964. I marked the small pill bottle.

Like New York, there was lots to do, sights to see, people to meet. I got to soak up the sun and even meet a few other journalists that were coming along on tour with the band.

It was late in the evening as I talked to Andrew over the phone.

"So hows Cali so far? Better than the big city?"

"It's pretty nice but, it's missing something New York has."

"What's that?"

"You." I smiled.

"You're such a kiss ass Luce. I love you."

"I love you too Andrew."

"They arrive yet?"

"No not yet. Anytime now. Gotta wait until then."

I heard screams and a huge ruckus outside and looked out the window.

"Oh here they come. Wish me luck huh?"

"I wish you the best of luck. I gotta go as well. Stupid meeting tonight."

"Alright well, I'll call tomorrow. G'night."

"Good night Luce."

We hung up. I sighed and heard a group of people outside in the hall. I peeked out to see the guys arguing and making their way into their rooms. I sighed and decided to get some sleep. They can find out in the morning i'm here.

..

I was walking back to my room the next morning with a coffee in my hand and full from breakfast when I saw him waiting for the elevators. I smiled and walked over to him, poking his back.

He turned and saw me, a huge smile spread across his face.

"Hi." I blushed.

"Lucy..Hi." He said sticking his hands into his coat pockets. "What are ye doin here!?"

"I'm um, spending this month on the tour. Another assignment." I shrugged.

"I see. Ah coffee. Where'd ye get that??"

"At a diner just down the road."

"You're so lucky ye can just go anywhere. I'd be afraid to get my head torn off or somethin."

I giggled and watched as the elevator doors opened. "Whelp, I better go now."

I began walking away until I heard him follow.

"Uh look um, why don't we talk?? I mean spend a little time together."

I smiled and looked down. "Wouldn't you get in trouble?"

"We were just goin out for brekky at some posh place. I'd rather spend it with you."

"Let me order you something atleast." I said taking a drink of my coffee.

"I'd like that." He smiled.

..

We sat on my bed for the next two hours catching up about what we've been up to these past few months. It was nice talking to him. It was like the time in Miami on the beach. The John I missed.

"How are the others? I mean you all getting along just fine?"

He nodded. "Yeah. We all get on. But um, since we last saw ye...it's definitly changed somethin."

"What d'you mean?"

He shrugged. "I dunno. Somethings been off. Seein ye on your own and havin a life of your own I mean...I guess it really woke us up to reality knowin, you've moved on."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I suppose for some reason we figured you'd come back to us and things would just go back to the way they were. But when ye never showed up again and stayed behind, we were kinda disappointed."

I sighed and hugged my knees to my chest. "Well, i'm glad you all realised that. Maybe now we can all stop acting like were strangers and finally be friends again."

He smiled to himself and looked at me. "I'm just glad to see ye again. You always fill me with happiness."

I blushed and got up off the bed. "So um, I'm sure the guys are wondering where you're at. Might want to get going.."

I turned around and gasped as I bumped into John. He looked down at me and took my face into his hands, giving me a passionate kiss. I hesitated but kissed back, feeling his body press against mine. I pulled back after a few seconds and held my hand to my lips.

"John..I can't do this."

"Why not?" He pouted.

"Because were not together. That's why. Plus you have a wif..."

"No I don't."

"John look you don't have to say that to get into my pants I mean..."

"No Lucy just shut up."

I just looked up at him as he sighed. "Were getting a divorce."

....