What's In It For You?~ Lucifer

Getting out of your car you took your time retrieving your bags from the trunk before slowly making your way towards your least favorite place on earth, your apartment. There was something there with you and it tortured you almost everyday and it was unbearable. But you couldn't do anything about it, you had no clue what the source was or else you would at least try to. You were no hunter but you've had a run in with a few hunters and Lucifer himself so you knew how to handle yourself, most of the time. This situation on the other hand was getting out of control, it seemed like whatever this was is only getting stronger.

Walking into your house you were met by an instant cold breeze causing your stomach to turn, tonight was going to be a long night. You decided to head to the kitchen to put away the groceries before things excelated and you weren't able to, but the moment you set the bags on the counter you felt a shove sending you forward. Thankfully the force of your stomach hitting the counter wasn’t enough to do anymore damage than a bruise. Pushing off the counter you put everything away before you decided it was quite enough for you to shower without anything happening so you headed towards the bathroom. You walked into your room grabbing a towel before walking towards the bathroom with a sense of dread, the bathroom was one of the worst spots by far. When you walked in you instantly started the shower, making it as fast as you could.

You were rinsing the conditioner out of your hair when you finally felt the cold again, before you had the chance to react you felt your legs coming out from under you causing you to go falling backwards. Your head fell back thumping against the faucet on the way causing your eyelids to become heavy. You heaved yourself out of the tub and you ended up on the floor against it. Pulling towel around your body that you brought in with you, you reach behind you to check your head. Pulling your hand back to inspect what is on it you see blood and a lot of it.

You don't know how long you were there but with every blink your found yourself fighting to keep your eyes open more and more, until eventually you swore you were hallucinating. Blinking a few more times your eyes focused on a figure crouched in front of you causing you to could back more into the side of the tub. You let a involuntary whisper when you felt whatever or whoever it was touch you, you definitely had to be hallucinating because right before  your world went black you swore you heard a voice say, “It’s okay, i’ll protect you now.”

You woke up sometime later in your bed, fully clothed and confused. You had a throbbing pain in the back of your head, the last thing you remember was bleeding out onto your bathtub and something coming to save you. Sitting up right in the bed, you ignored the spinning in your head as your eyes search the room frantically eventually landing on a shadow of a person in the doorway of the room. The person takes one step forward and your stomach drops, Lucifer was standing in the doorway to your bedroom.

“W-what are you doing here?” you question cursing at yourself for stammering in front of him.

“Just taking care of your little problem dear, you should be thanking me,” you could hear the smug grin in his voice without even looking up at his face.

“Yeah but at what cost, what could you possibly fucking want in return?” you reply snapping at him without a care, when it comes to him he always wants something in return or in general so today shouldn’t be no different.

“Nothing, can’t I just help?” he asked though you didn’t hear the hurt in his voice due to the harshness in yours.

“No, not when you only show up to help when you want something. But guess what buddy i don’t give a shit at the moment i’m too tired to put up with whatever request it is you have,” your voice isn’t as harsh as before since you found yourself fighting to stay awake much longer, tiredness once again overcoming your body.